She said the ‘S’ word.....

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Regular Guy

She said the ‘S’ word.....

Post by Regular Guy »

For a bit of background, i have been wearing kilts and skirts for 3-4 years now. Maybe longer.

My wife tolerates me wearing but we don’t talk about it at all. (NOT looking for relationship answers here). I wear in public with her and am also conscious of appropriate settings and who we are with. Making decisions on wearing based on the situation. But for the most part, I wear everyday at home. While we don’t talk any about skirts or kilts, she has no problem when laundering them.

So, last weekend, i was wearing an Athleta whatever skort with the shorts removed. It is a very comfortable skirt and very lightweight making it great for the heat here in Florida. I had just finished using the toilet and unknown to me, when pulling up my underwear, the rear of the skirt got tucked under the elastic on my underwear. Heck I didn’t know it. I was walking around the kitchen getting coffee and fixings and my wife says “Your skirt is all messed up in back.” She took a sip of coffee and then said, “ Probably static cling”. I was startled that the skirt was stuck in the elastic and even more surprised she said anything. I was so surprised all I could muster was a ‘OH. Thanks’. Then a gentle tug and flip on the back of skirt and all was normal.

It may not seem like much to some, but to me, her even SAYING ‘skirt’ is a bit of progress.
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: She said the ‘S’ word.....

Post by oldsalt1 »

The fact that she goes out in public with you skirted says everything. You got the big win don't sweat the small stuff.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

My friend your wife is very tolerant of your skirt wearing. She goes out in public with you in a skirt, She does not seem to harp and rave against your skirt wearing. She washes your skirts and does not say anything. And now she tells you about problems with your skirts with out being sarcastic.
What else could you want? It sounds like she is pretty much OK with you wearing skirts.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Old Salt and Fred. Thanks for the posts. You both have good points, and well taken.

I was just sharing that she actually acknowledged me wearing a skirt and said ‘Your SKIRT.’ Yes, the lil lady tolerates and I am fortunate for that. We just don’t have any ‘skirt’ dialogue. In fact, when I get compliments on a kilt i may be wearing, when we are out, it’s like it was never said. But, in the final analysis, I’ll take what I have. It could be a lot more difficult.

Thanks again for putting things in perspective. Appreciate it.
RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sounds like to me she finds your skirts as unremarkable as your trousers....

That's a good thing!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sounds like to me she finds your skirts as unremarkable as your trousers....

That's a good thing!
Hi guys, the problem is that unremarkable can also equate to a complete lack of communication too,
I get where you are coming from with in this thread Regular Guy.
My wife does all the "stuff" which would indicate acceptance.
However, my skirts are not open to any form of rational dialogue or discussion with her.
What we do have is a fragile status quo which lets us get on with life.
Steve.