I Finally Did It... My 1st Time Out in a Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I Finally Did It... My 1st Time Out in a Skirt

Post by Caultron »

jamesy wrote:I've had several outings in a skirt now. One was a whole day, the others part days...

...I don't think the general community really cares, it's our own insecurity about possible adverse reactions...
Congratulations and yes, spot on, our own insecurity far outstrips any negativity from the general communuty.

Rock on!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Well done. As already said, the first time is always the hardest but it gets easier from now and your ventures further.

Very rarely do I get a negative reaction. Most people just interact as a fellow human being and the few that don't, best ignored and show with confidence you are not bothered. In the right place a return "shot" can be sent but best ignored as it can come over as though you are insecure. They are the minority.

Life in trousers as a man or skirt as a man is the same. Being you, yourself, an individual is very liberating and empowering.

Keep it up.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
jamesy

Post by jamesy »

Had another day out in a skirt on Monday.

Drove an hour to clothing optional beach near Byron, wore it onto the beach then off again, drove to get fuel, paid for fuel then drove to Mullumbimby where I parked, bought lunch, then sat in a local park to eat, then went for a walk through the park.

A family of four walked past the other way, he looked at me kinda weird, the young kids didn't look and she said "Hi, looks nice".

Drove home stopped for a coffee on the way, nobody blinked.

Planning a bushwalk this weekend, trail is about 5km so looking forward to that.

Right now sitting at home working, wife is out all day, wearing a white denim mini.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Jamesy
Well done, enjoy the hike too.
Steve.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

jamesy wrote:Had another day out in a skirt on Monday.

Drove an hour to clothing optional beach near Byron, wore it onto the beach then off again, drove to get fuel, paid for fuel then drove to Mullumbimby where I parked, bought lunch, then sat in a local park to eat, then went for a walk through the park.

A family of four walked past the other way, he looked at me kinda weird, the young kids didn't look and she said "Hi, looks nice".

Drove home stopped for a coffee on the way, nobody blinked.

Planning a bushwalk this weekend, trail is about 5km so looking forward to that.

Right now sitting at home working, wife is out all day, wearing a white denim mini.
Congratulations. You've arrived.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Well done jamesy! As you have found out, almost everybody ignores or at most has a double take at seeing a skirted man.
I wear skirts outwith the house as often as I can and don't even notice the odd double take even when I coupled a denim mini and fishnet tights at the local chip shop!
Nor indeed with red or denim blue tights!
Keep up the adventures and keep posting updates.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Find your favourite style of skirt and just have the confidence to wear a skirt as an alternative to wearing trousers .
The whole thing is that simple ....Happy Skirting in the New Year everyone .............weeladdie
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

skirtingtoday wrote: Nor indeed with red or denim blue tights!

This we must see!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Denny

Post by Denny »

jamesy wrote: I have yet to have anyone take more than a passing glance until last Saturday when a guy approached me, shook my hand and said i had more guts than he did wearing what I was wearing.
I'm starting to realize just how many guys out there wish they could wear what they like, but are afraid to.
Little by little, I'm testing the waters. Mostly good comments, if any, and to heck with the haters.
jamesy

Post by jamesy »

I'm starting to realize just how many guys out there wish they could wear what they like, but are afraid to.
Amen to that. It really should be so easy. The questions is, "Why isn't it?"

Take today as an example, I work from home. My wife went out before her PA came. I had 60 minutes in a white stretch denim skirt. Felt very comfortable, looked, at least in my opinion, very presentable yet had to change before Kathry arrived. Bugger.

Tomorrow I have my morning off so will take off somewhere and be skirted. On Saturday my wife will be at a function all day so I get another opportunity. I'm just sad it has to be behind her back. I feel so much more relaxed and comfortable in a skirt.

One day...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

jamesy wrote:Take today as an example, I work from home. My wife went out before her PA came. I had 60 minutes in a white stretch denim skirt. Felt very comfortable, looked, at least in my opinion, very presentable yet had to change before Kathry arrived. Bugger.
It's sad enough reading about souses/significant-others who aren't accepting or are outright hostile, but thoughts like the above make me want to cry. Here we have somebody who's merely pushing the envelope of what's "normal", and is doing so in a harmless and playful way -- and there's a subtext of bitterness in the mix.

Bitterness can kill a relationship dead quicker than most anything else save physical violence or infidelity. It's a poison pill.

How the Hell do we solve this issue? Can it be solved?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Perhaps Crfriend is edging towards Medical Councilling ..Geno.Uinary Medicine at the G.U.M. Clinic............
Perhaps more advanced than it was when I saught advice from My G.P...many years ago.....
Or perhaps just Marriage Guidance Councilling........There is still this secret fear regarding going out as a " Man in a Skirt " ...and the fear of what will the neighbours.., or our Partner will think....

Perhaps Carl and I have misinterpreted what folks are saying in their posts..... the experiences of " Men in Skirts ", do show
that we have fears as to how Joe Public will perceive our style of attire ......Sometimes our fears are quite unfounded....
The personal relationship with a partner is an issue which requires a personal solution............
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Somewhere there is a photo of a small boy who looks quite happy in his grey school skirt...but there is this uniformity where
the parent dresses the small child in the recognised community attire according to the gender of the child.....

This question of gender identification does seem to be a problem with small boys.................................
Can we blame the boy's parents for a small boy's social problems later in his life .....?
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Not another word from SEPADave since starting this thread. I hope nothing unfortunated has happened to him after making such a giant step.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
jamesy

Post by jamesy »

It's sad enough reading about souses/significant-others who aren't accepting or are outright hostile, but thoughts like the above make me want to cry. Here we have somebody who's merely pushing the envelope of what's "normal", and is doing so in a harmless and playful way -- and there's a subtext of bitterness in the mix.
Thanks crfriend, you feel my anguish. I so love wearing skirts and yes, it's so totally harmless.