Skirt Hunting in the Charity Shop

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Hunting in the Charity Shop

Post by weeladdie18 »

If I remember correctly this lady in a green hiking skirt was seen on a beach when the sea temperature
was up to 19 C. and everyone was wearing their swimming costumes in the summer heat wave.

Hypothermia can be a killer....We had a call out one night in the dark and found an unconscious casualty on a beach three miles walk from a public highway.....Disposal was carried out with a helo medivac involving a 60 mile flight to the incident and a 10 mile evacuation flight
Just another badly planned walk along a beach....anyone heard of an S61....
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Nylon tights are a warm undergarment for male or female use....Wooly Tights or leggings are worn
over the nylon tights. Perhaps hiking trousers and waterproof over trousers....each layer is removed
or replaced as the temperature changes.
A short stretchy skirt worn under a walking or hiking skirt is useful.. I am used to standing up and
walking about for a whole day out of doors...this is how I plan my outfit for the day.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:TO: Skirtpettiman You mentioned you saw a woman wearing a "hiking skirt." Do you know what brand it is? Please describe it. I wear skirts for hiking and am curious about what is available for hikers. Skirts are great for hiking and driving to where the hike will begin. unlimited stride, ventilation, freedom, comfort.
Anyone else have suggestions for hiking skirts?
Try Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop in their clothing departments. They carry a fair amount of hiking gear including Skirts.
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

weeladdie18 wrote:I found a bargain in charity shop today. I have been recently talking about a lady wearing an above the Knee Hiking Skirt .....today I found a black
above the knee light weight pencil skirt ....ideal for hiking......Price brand new.....£3..............

Last Saturday I found an old style brand new black pleated netball skirt....length 15 inches with plenty of small pleats ......Ideal for beach wear
with a pair of speedo swimming trunks or a pair of navy blue baggy sports draws..............price £ 2

Saturdays hunting produced 2 summer skirts, one netball skirt and a four hook coat hanger complete with brass mounting screws....
this was an hours hunting in four shops , total cost £ 10.......good bit of sport for a Saturday afternoon...................weeladdie
For me it's polyester speedo swimming trunks with nylon leggings worn over/ all worn under a nicely lined hiking skirt.
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.