Skirt Hunting in the Charity Shop

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt Hunting in the Charity Shop

Post by weeladdie18 »

I found a bargain in charity shop today. I have been recently talking about a lady wearing an above the Knee Hiking Skirt .....today I found a black
above the knee light weight pencil skirt ....ideal for hiking......Price brand new.....£3..............

Last Saturday I found an old style brand new black pleated netball skirt....length 15 inches with plenty of small pleats ......Ideal for beach wear
with a pair of speedo swimming trunks or a pair of navy blue baggy sports draws..............price £ 2

Saturdays hunting produced 2 summer skirts, one netball skirt and a four hook coat hanger complete with brass mounting screws....
this was an hours hunting in four shops , total cost £ 10.......good bit of sport for a Saturday afternoon...................weeladdie
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Hunting in the Charity Shop

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Skirt hunting in a charity shop is great fun. Especially now that I'm not afraid to try on stuff before I buy it. Not finding something in your size can be frustrating. But otherwise. Where else are you going to get skirts for dirt cheap. And be able to try on so many different brands and styles.
Over the years I have found what brands and styles I like most. Talking about this makes me want to go check out what the ladies have gotten rid of since the weather is gone cold here.
Happy hunting everyone.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

mishawakaskirt wrote:Skirt hunting in a charity shop is great fun.
The wife and I enjoy hitting some of the big consignment shops also, you can find some really good name brand skirts for low dollars.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

voodoomagic wrote:
mishawakaskirt wrote:Skirt hunting in a charity shop is great fun.
The wife and I enjoy hitting some of the big consignment shops also, you can find some really good name brand skirts for low dollars.
I wish my wife were ok with skirt shopping together. While we both have our own unique tastes and might not totally influence what the other wears. Skirt shopping together might be a little fun. Went to the resale shop last night, found another grey Heather skirt to be used as a under skirt for under my kilts.
I looked at a pleated denim skirt that might have passed as a denim utility kilt, but it was about five sizes too big. And did not feel like it was worth the hassle to try to make it fit.
I may try to hit up another store across town to see what they got. I'll keep you posted on any good finds.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

mishawakaskirt wrote: I wish my wife were ok with skirt shopping together. While we both have our own unique tastes and might not totally influence what the other wears. Skirt shopping together might be a little fun.
mishawakaskirt, the wife told me once that she loves that I want to go clothes shopping, she could never get me to go before I hated it. Now I am on the look out for that next skirt or shirt now I'm looking for shoes or boots to. And to get some name brands for low dollars plus some still have the price tags in them. Thats why we like hitting the big cities more stuff! :D
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I went skirt hunting in a charity shop and ended up buying a six foot high cabinet with glass shelves...Minimum floor area and maximum
height for storage ....even had its own display lighting installed......................also interesting items in bric a brac
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I guess they do sell more than skirts at the charity shop!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

So, where are you going to wear this six foot high cabinet with glass shelves?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Caultron wrote:So, where are you going to wear this six foot high cabinet with glass shelves?
you may be interested to learn that in the T V world some members dress " In the Closet "

In My "Men in Skirts " world...I intend to wear my Skirt Outfits " in the Cabinet " away from the
winter wind and rain,.........Perhaps... " Snug as a Bug in a Rug " ......weeladdie
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

I had some success finding a skirt at a charity shop recently. I found a rack of just just inside the door, and soon noticed the skirt in the picture. It has one zipped and one open pocket on each side. It still had all the labels on it, and seems to have gradually been reduced in price from £30. I paid £5 at the charity shop. Its the longest skirt that I have in my collection to date.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tW6Ay9b5y2o98yU37

John
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

John....A nice simple design of skirt....A reasonable charity shop price ...some of the original
ladies shop prices are unrealistic......Good skirt hunting...
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

Looks good. I'd definitely be happy wearing that.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

TO: Skirtpettiman

You mentioned you saw a woman wearing a "hiking skirt." Do you know what brand it is? Please describe it. I wear skirts for hiking and am curious about what is available for hikers. Skirts are great for hiking and driving to where the hike will begin. unlimited stride, ventilation, freedom, comfort.

Anyone else have suggestions for hiking skirts?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

skirtpettiman wrote:Looks good. I'd definitely be happy wearing that.
Perhaps a bit off topic... This post tells the Newbies of my adventures
I have been into St Austell as a " Man In A Skirt ", three times recently.

...Usual four or five charity shops...A new to you ladies clothes shop......
I bought a leatherette skirt in a sale in Top Shop ...Tried the garment on in the ladies changing room
and wore it into the local Cornish Tartan Shop.

The elderly gentleman welcomed me and said " I like your Kilt ".....I thanked him for his compliments
and reminded him that I had to get a visa to travel to St Austell and park in the Priory Car Park.....

In the window of the shop is an illustration of the Dumnovi Tribes who met the Romans on their
arrival on the shores of South East Coast of England......This is all related to the story of the
25 Cornish Tartans and The Cornish Mineral Trading three thousand years ago. .......weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:TO: Skirtpettiman

You mentioned you saw a woman wearing a "hiking skirt." Do you know what brand it is? Please describe it. I wear skirts for hiking and am curious about what is available for hikers. Skirts are great for hiking and driving to where the hike will begin. unlimited stride, ventilation, freedom, comfort.

Anyone else have suggestions for hiking skirts?
I am getting a bit confused here. Perhaps this was in another thread ...I was talking about a lady in
an above the knee slightly flared green hiking skirt worn with big hiking boots. No information on
this garment................I found a similar style of black skirt in a charity shop................

I find it is getting colder at 10 C to 13 C in a wind chill.....so follow my example and wear below the
knee summer skirts in layers with a Knee length T Shirt night dress.. worn like an under slip.
This garment was originally called a ....lein........ an old style tunic worn under the Kilt.

There are photos of gentlemen skiing in their Kilts.... Check out 1917 Military Kilts ..8 yard 20 ounce
worn with long sheep fleece coats.... Traditionally the Scottish Kilt is worn to the top of the knee cap.
The woollen Kilt Hose are turned down below the knee cap.
Go out and spend a weeks money on a made to measure 8 yard 16 ounce Kilt....go government surplus
go ...." All For Glory " replica 1917 Military Kilts..you are getting into a bed of thorns with high import
dues....
simple way out ....get yourself a couple of pairs of warm sports draws and layers of skirts from the
charity shops which will keep you warm when you head out for your six hour hike on Christmas Day.