Blast from the past 1960's skirt for men

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Blast from the past 1960's skirt for men

Post by Freedomforall »

I found this and wanted to share it with everyone. It never made it to the market. The second article details a little more about the skirt.

https://www.vintag.es/2018/05/60s-mini- ... r-men.html

http://www.lileks.com/institute/dorcus/12.html
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Blast from the past 1960's skirt for men

Post by Charlie »

I've seen this picture before somewhere. It was way ahead of its time. The name is unfortunate, its too close to 'dork' (a word I picked up from an Australian soap), and the guy should lose the tie - but it does match the skirt. I like the girl in her skirt though :D
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Charlie wrote:I've seen this picture before somewhere. It was way ahead of its time. The name is unfortunate, its too close to 'dork' (a word I picked up from an Australian soap), and the guy should lose the tie - but it does match the skirt. I like the girl in her skirt though :D
Charlie
Yes, all these pictures have been floating around for some 60 years now. They turn up in Google searches, Flickr, Pinterest, and so forth.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

They remind me of a piece I saw in Life magazine at that time showing men in miniskirts all over the world.

Unfortunately, not in my home town. Nor did they catch on there. I was mightily disappointed.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
BobM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by BobM »

it's from Newsweek, if I remember correctly. I still have the original article with picture.
Ordained Deacon and Ruling Elder, Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

The boots worn with the male skirt look almost like boxers boots , if I remember correctly.......however not quite my style of skirt......weeladdie