The Driving Kilt or Driving Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Driving Kilt or Driving Skirt

Post by weeladdie18 »

Sinned wrote:I like the tartan skirt that the school mandated for girls of my granddaughter's ages but when mentioned on this site about me purchasing one I was advised against it as the school was within 10 minutes walk. I agree with this consensus as it would appear a bit pervy, [0] so although I like the tartan I won't be buying one and WL Iwould caution anyone similarly where the school is local.

[0] Not exactly the right word but it would seem that you could be trying to mimic the young girls' look and that would probably not be the impression you would want to project.

To get back to the driving skirt. Really, any skirt that I wear would be a driving skirt. I don't think that any of my skirts wouldn't qualify. [1]

[1] Terrible English - double negative sets a bad example.
Gentlemen ..I am somewhat concerned when the O P of this post uses my penname WL and the word " pervy " in the same post .....weeladdie
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sorry, weeladdie, if you read my posts I shorten most usernames that consist of more than one word concatenated together so nothing personal was meant. As to the word pervy I did say that it wasn't the right word and was not meant to presume that you were that. Just that in the minds of most a man wearing a schoolgirl's school skirt would fall into the pervert category as being perceived to be emulating the girls. It is for that reason, and a few on this site agreed with me, that I haven't purchased the skirt of the local Academy. All I am saying is that we need to be careful not to present an unintentional image.

I'll stop digging the hole and retire.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

crfriend wrote:
Sinned wrote:Terrible English - double negative sets a bad example.
No it doesn't. It does a very good job of illustrating bad usage.
There are, of course, times when double negatives have an important meaning. An example:
there are four kinds of risk
those you can afford to take;
those you can afford not to take;
those you can't afford to take; and
those you can't afford not to take.
Shalom
Steven
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:...Terrible English - double negative sets a bad example.
A linguistics professor was lecturing his class tat Russian is the only language where a double positive becomes a negative.

Then came a voice from the back of the room, "Yeah, right."
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

an alternative to the driving skirt:
https://www.ponyandcarriage.co.uk/carri ... s-shop.htm
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Caultron wrote:
Sinned wrote:...Terrible English - double negative sets a bad example.
A linguistics professor was lecturing his class tat Russian is the only language where a double positive becomes a negative.

Then came a voice from the back of the room, "Yeah, right."
Sorry, Caultron, but this is the full joke:
Stupid Joke: Double Negative

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. In some languages though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative.

However," he pointed out, "there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thank you Sinned for your response to my comments on the use of the English language . Your response is accepted .No further comment on this matter.

I wore my lightweight pleated tartan skirt in a Cornish St Pirran Hunting Tartan with my normal Highland Garb on a Cliff Walk.
The garment is the normal traditional length for my Male Traditional Scottish Kilt.
Many observers remarked on the smartness of my Male Scottish or Cornish Kilt. .....This deliberate experiment in perception does show
that the observant members of the public are unaware of the finer points of Traditional Fashion Clothes

This type of trial in public perception does show that the Novice Kilt Wearer may unfortunately purchase a Tartan Kilt which is not a true
Traditional Gentleman's Scottish Kilt ...................... weeladdie
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

Jim wrote:For those of us skirtonians who are also nudists, a quick-fasten wrap-around design would be optimal. One could drive with it unwrapped then close over one's lap and fasten in a couple seconds.
That type of skirt is what I sometimes use, for the same reason as you.

John
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

johnb wrote:
Jim wrote:For those of us skirtonians who are also nudists, a quick-fasten wrap-around design would be optimal. One could drive with it unwrapped then close over one's lap and fasten in a couple seconds.
That type of skirt is what I sometimes use, for the same reason as you.

John
I like the idea of being a " Skirtonian " , I found a different shape of sarong this week in a charity shop....... ankle length tight wrap with ties at
each end of the waist band . When I wanted to walk I had to pull the two wraps apart at my knees. When I stopped and put my feet together the garment
retained its restricting body hugging form......Interesting design......Perhaps ideal to wear for a drive to the local Nudie Beach. ........weeladdie
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Like I mentioned in my other post. Yesterday I had to spend 5 hours driving to see some clients , and It was very comfortable to do it wearing a skirt instead of pants or shorts
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I would agree with you, Old Salt. My choice for driving is a light weight below the knee summer skirt.....I can then pull the hem up or down
according to the temperature or the strength of the sun whilst I am driving......weeladdie