Bikeyface

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Bikeyface

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Interesting story about a women that first dressed as a man then dressed as a women riding a bike.

http://bikeyface.com/2011/09/21/men-in-skirts/
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Bikeyface

Post by Sinned »

Strange post. Humourous I suppose? I like her last comment about the benefits for men - all one of them. There are more. Thanks for that Mark. :?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

It is a nice find. Even if it is from 6 year ago. I think it is useless to post any comments. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Is it based on a true story? Because I've biked with a skirt on plenty of times. Of course I didn't stuff grapefruits in my chest though....

The responses I received were about the same as when I'm not on a bike.... basically, no responses at all!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

What a great find - thanks for sharing :-)

The site has a lot of relevance for me - I live and cycle in the same area as the artist. Not only are many of the scenes that she depicts very familiar (for example, if you look at page 4 of the banner on the front page, she does an excellent rendition of the Longfellow Bridge with the Red Line train and the salt and pepper pot central towers with the "City on the hill" in the background), a number of the topics she covers (in her own, humerous way) also strike a chord. I'll be sure to look out for her on the road / bikepaths when I'm out cycling.

A number of her posts are around cycling attire. Boston has a lot of female cyclists. Although some ladies go down the lycra / gym bunny route, you do get a fair share of skirted riders. I've only seen one skirted male cyclist thus far (red and white polkadot skater) - more common is the shorts with tights look. I can easily imagine cycling in a short skirt in conjunction with cycling shorts with the skirt draping over the seat, but I imagine that something longer that you would sit on would be quite uncomfortable.