Visiting the Doctor

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Visiting the Doctor

Post by Wonderful Electric »

I know that there are some skirt wearers here that have had testicular pain or health issues. I am going to visit my doctor tomorrow since I have had some testicular and groin discomfort. My doctor is a woman. Am I being too self conscious if I’m questioning to wear a skirt to the appointment? Has anyone ever gotten medical advice from a doctor to wear a skirt?
JohnA

Re: Visiting the Doctor

Post by JohnA »

Yes, I go to the doctors all the time wearing a skirt .. I do not own any pants.:)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Wonderful Electric wrote: Am I being too self conscious if I’m questioning to wear a skirt to the appointment? Has anyone ever gotten medical advice from a doctor to wear a skirt?
Yes I have and that is how I became a skirt wearer. I spent over 9 weeks in a skirt on orders from my doctor, she was a dermatologist. I received chemical burns on my bum and that got infected so I went to see her on the advice of a friend. The first thing she did was to put me in skirts. The infection had spread down between my legs and pants were keeping it from healing. :(

After nine weeks I found that pants were so uncomfortable that I could not stand to wear them again. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Post by Wonderful Electric »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
Wonderful Electric wrote: Am I being too self conscious if I’m questioning to wear a skirt to the appointment? Has anyone ever gotten medical advice from a doctor to wear a skirt?
Yes I have and that is how I became a skirt wearer. I spent over 9 weeks in a skirt on orders from my doctor, she was a dermatologist. I received chemical burns on my bum and that got infected so I went to see her on the advice of a friend. The first thing she did was to put me in skirts. The infection had spread down between my legs and pants were keeping it from healing. :(

After nine weeks I found that pants were so uncomfortable that I could not stand to wear them again. :lol:
How lucky you are to have such a compelling justification for wearing skirts! Ideally, “Because I want to” should be the only reason anyone needs. I’m sorry to hear that you had such a painful experience.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I never been told to wear a skirt by a doctor. But at my last check up I had my lady surgeon smiling . I was standing on the little platform they have in the exam room . I needed my leg checked from a recent surgery. She stood in front of me and said "this exam is going to be easy, Lift up your skirt"
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Wonderful Electric wrote:How lucky you are to have such a compelling justification for wearing skirts! Ideally, “Because I want to” should be the only reason anyone needs. I’m sorry to hear that you had such a painful experience.
It has been almost three years or so since the medical problem. Now I do say "because I want to and can". I really do enjoy wearing skirts and I have found that I am accepted without a problem every where I go. Sure I still get some looks but that's not my problem it is theirs. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well, I have yet to visit the doctor in a skirt as I normally go on a work day (I'm in my work uniform), however I will say if you get admitted to the hospital, they're just going to put you in a dress anyway.... 8) :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

I've had several doctors comment on how much easier and quicker it is if the patient is wearing a skirt.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.