Perils of skirting

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Perils of skirting

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:I have no problems with buying a skirt when skirted and have visited several charity shops and local stores while so attired. In fact at my more local charity shop they were surprised when I went in wearing jeans once. MOH was with me so didn't have much choice. Luckily she was in another part of the shop when the comment was made and I had a brief quiet word to let them know the situation.
If she had heard the comment that would have been whole circus for you. I do truly feel for you and wish you more success with "She who must be obeyed"
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote:If she had heard the comment that would have been whole circus for you. I do truly feel for you and wish you more success with "She who must be obeyed"
One would hope that it could have gone in a positive direction. Already knowing the negative, what would have happened if Mrs. Dennis heard the comment, and what would have happened if something subsequent want along the lines of, "... and you always look so good an natural!"

This, of course, is unknowable, and I suppose the safest course of action was the path chosen; those present are best qualified to make the call. But, once the cat is out of the bag, it's really tough putting her back in -- an anyone who has ever put a non-cooperative cat into a carrier can attest.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

STEVIE wrote:My current physical state negates any choice.
Sitting is just so much easier and hygienic.
Steve.
U OK, hung?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

I had a strange dream the other night. My father has been dead for almost 6 years now but he and I were sitting at a bar drinking a beer. I was wearing my normal skirt and high heels in this dream.

A little background here. My dad knew about me wearing high heels when I was in college as he would come by and visit me and see a pair of high heels that were too big for my girlfriend. :oops: It really never came up in the next 30 some odd years. But he passed away before I outed myself to the world that I wore skirts and heels.

Ok, so back to the dream. He had just returned from using the restroom, and he came back to the table and saw that we both needed another beer. So he got up to go to the bar and order us 2 more beers. As he turned around and walked away from the table towards the bar I saw that the back of his skirt was tucked in back his pantyhose showing the world his backside. :shock:

Thinking about this dream I come up with 2 things. (1) Does this mean my father now accepts my skirt wearing and (2) is this a fear (perils of skirting) I have that someday I too will have my skirt tucked up in my pantyhose after going to the toilet. That's, assuming I sit! :D
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Not sure what her reaction would have been. At the time probably just a "you are dead" glare as she would never argue about it in front of others. At home afterward maybe a silent period then back to normal. Of course she would probably never set foot inside the charity shop again and it was this aspect that concerned me at the time and why I advised the staff the way that I did. She knows that I go out skirted when she's not around but she chooses to ignore that as she isn't around. I don't tell her where I've been so she can't boycott any of the places. I've told her that some of my neighbours have seen me skirted and she chooses to ignore that also. I just accept that she will have the occasional rant to get it out of her system and she refuses, at the moment, to accompany me outside whilst I am wearing a skirt. I can live with it even though I may not be happy about it. Things could always be worse.

Mark, the dream may mean something or nothing. It could just mean that your higher consciousness, represented by your dad, has accepted formally your skirt wearing. Who knows? Some people accept life after death and some don't so whether it was your father communicating acceptance may depend upon your viewpoint. Dreams are funny things and we are probably better off not remembering the majority of them. Not even sure if dream interpretation is an art or a science. As to the skirt tucked into the waistband you may be right .... or not. I've done the tucking in the past but never walked out that was as you can feel that something ain't right.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I had a strange dream the other night. My father has been dead for almost 6 years now but he and I were sitting at a bar drinking a beer... He had just returned from using the restroom, and he came back to the table and saw that we both needed another beer. So he got up to go to the bar and order us 2 more beers. As he turned around and walked away from the table towards the bar I saw that the back of his skirt[/size was tucked in back his pantyhose showing the world his backside...
I'm not at all sure this means your father is looking down and approving, but I presume it does indicate your wish for that.

I sometimes recall incidents where my father seemed to learn toward wearing shirts: for example, he sometimes remarked how much easier it was for women to flatten their shirt tails that it was for men, because women can just reach up under their skirts. And my mother once confided to me that my father had been goofing around and tried on a girdle. But those incidents could easily be unsupported wish fulfilment on my part.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Miket

Post by Miket »

Back in July I posted on the perils of wearing a skirt or kilt with reference to brambling. That season is well and truly behind us. It has come round to the season of apple picking. No problems there? I've done it for years with no issues, usually wearing a grey utilikilt or my black everyday kilt. My wife was away for the day, leaving me a list of tasks to do if I had time. Picking apples from our prolific tree at the front of our property. So I got the ladder out and did a really good job of picking the apples. the tree is surrounded by other fruit bushes and shrubs - black currants, gooseberries and some conifer bushes. OK, yes I got some scratches, but I wasn't prepared for the rashes which started in the evening, rapidly spreading randomly up both legs and my lower arms! By the time I went to bed, covered in a liberal application of calomine lotion, my legs were really itchy. I don;t know whether I was bitten by midges or other insects or whether it was a reaction to the trees or shrubs.

And my wife's reaction "Well, it wouldn't have been a problem if you had been wearing jeans." No sympathy whatsoever.
Still, she doesn't object to my kilt-wearing, as long as she gets support in the garden.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Miket wrote:[...] I wasn't prepared for the rashes which started in the evening, rapidly spreading randomly up both legs and my lower arms! By the time I went to bed, covered in a liberal application of calomine lotion, my legs were really itchy. I don;t know whether I was bitten by midges or other insects or whether it was a reaction to the trees or shrubs.
Do you happen to have poison ivy in your locale? That's the usual reason for such a reaction in these parts. Look for a vine-like plant with three greasy-looking leaves on each major group. If you've got that, you have a problem that needs dealing with, else the rashes and the itching will become part of your existence. It can be dealt with chemically, but by far and away the best remedy is to don clothing that can be washed in extremely hot water and powerful detergents (or be disposable) and mechanically eradicate it from the area. Note that this may take quite a while. The stuff is tenacious. Whatever you do, don't burn the stuff to get rid of the leftovers!
And my wife's reaction "Well, it wouldn't have been a problem if you had been wearing jeans." No sympathy whatsoever.
Wrong reaction. It would have been a problem -- and potentially a large one. The oils would have been brought into the house on said jeans and spread onto other clothes in the laundry-hamper. Guess what that might lead to, and I'll leave it to the reader's imagination.
Miket

Post by Miket »

Thanks for your concern, Crfriend, but the one thing we don't have in the UK is poison ivy, thankfully. You have sent me scurrying to the internet to see what we might have in this country which causes rashes. There are a large number of things which irritate, but the only one which is anything like as harmful as poison ivy is giant knotweed, but I'm sure I have none of that in my garden. I'll carry on looking - and scratching.

At least I won't have the problem of the laundry basket.

Miket
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Is that Japanese knotweed? there is a lot of that around here next to the shore, the damn stuff is almost impossible to get rid of but as far as I know it doesn't cause rashes or skin irritation, not that I have heard of anyway!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Miket wrote:Thanks for your concern, Crfriend, but the one thing we don't have in the UK is poison ivy, thankfully.
You are indeed fortunate. We have that stuff around here all over the place and getting rid of it is (1) important and (2) drattedly difficult.