Perils of skirting

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
bridkid

Perils of skirting

Post by bridkid »

Nope, me neither...!
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Perils of skirting

Post by denimini »

Wind and wet dog noses to name two. I have experience with only the first.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Miket

Post by Miket »

brambling, as in picking blackberries from wild blackberry shrubs, and doing ground clearance involving large nettles! Both can be painful.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I'll vote for dog noses, not pleasant! Midges, I thought they would be a major problem but have hardly had a bite in the more sensitive places!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Long skirts and toilet bowls... wore a long circle skirt once and got the hem wet as I hadn't gathererd it up enough before I sat down... since then, prefer pencils as they stay in one place when you need to pee :oops:

Only other peril of shorter stuff is modesty, but that comes with practise as to how you sit :wink:

As for kilts, being asked what the tartan is, or where my bagpipes are, or the inevitable question :roll:
Last edited by Kilty on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

kilty wrote:Long skirts and toilet bowls... wore a long circle skirt once and got the hem wet as I hadn't gathererd it up enough before I sat down... since then, prefer pencils as they stay in one place when you need to pee :oops:
There's a trick with this, and it's one that works with even the most complex and massive of ensembles -- haul the works up in layers and use the final slip as a "parachute bag" to restrain everything else, and tuck the forward hem of the "bag" into your shirt. Voila, no dampness nor mess.
Only other peril of shorter stuff is modesty, but that comes with practise as to how you sit :wink:
Learn how to sit gracefully and properly and practise that. There's no excuse. Everybody can learn these tactics.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

crfriend wrote:Learn how to sit gracefully and properly and practise that. There's no excuse. Everybody can learn these tactics.
Here's a video to help hehe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rz4Jbv ... u.be&t=100
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

That´s why I prefer to wear skirts with a front fly so I can stand up and pee at the urinal and not use the booth.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

tesjolts wrote:That´s why I prefer to wear skirts with a front fly so I can stand up and pee at the urinal and not use the booth.
Huh? Try lifting the front of the skirt and going over whatever you've got underneath.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

tesjolts wrote:That´s why I prefer to wear skirts with a front fly so I can stand up and pee at the urinal and not use the booth.
Pencil and tight skirts not applicable - Mini-skirts kilts and "A" frames lift and do the loo.

What I find the most bothersome is the back splatter on bare legs if the target trajectory is not correct.
Using the commode is not any better at times but "T" paper is there to fix the aimless splatter.

Still yet the male equipment is the best for draining the center tank ! Old aviation expression - LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

r.m.anderson wrote:...What I find the most bothersome is the back splatter on bare legs if the target trajectory is not correct.
Using the commode is not any better at times but "T" paper is there to fix the aimless splatter...
What's troubling to me is that presumedly there's the same amount of spatter when wearing trousers and we never notice.

But enough of that, I suppose.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Caultron wrote:
Huh? Try lifting the front of the skirt and going over whatever you've got underneath.

I prefer to avoid having to lift the skirt, more than once I´ve had the flap fall over and ended up with a peed apron. The front fly solves that for me, just my personal preference.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

tesjolts wrote:
Caultron wrote:

I prefer to avoid having to lift the skirt, more than once I´ve had the flap fall over and ended up with a peed apron. The front fly solves that for me, just my personal preference.
The fly on most jeans skirts is just short enough to get the skirt on, which means you have to lift it, then deal with pulling down your briefs as well. Easier for me to do this in a stall than to subject any guy using the urinal to that image :roll: denim pencil skirts are best as they stay in place at my hips until I'm done :wink:
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Caultron wrote:
r.m.anderson wrote:...What I find the most bothersome is the back splatter on bare legs if the target trajectory is not correct.
Using the commode is not any better at times but "T" paper is there to fix the aimless splatter...
What's troubling to me is that presumedly there's the same amount of spatter when wearing trousers and we never notice.

But enough of that, I suppose.

It's all about the angle of attack. At home I sit. I got tired of having to wipe the bowl or floor. Seems like no matter how much you try there are always a few stray rounds that miss the intended target.

It's basic physics, and there are multiple websites that actually talk about aiming techniques. Here is one of the many.
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/170 ... r-marriage
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

mishawakaskirt wrote:...there are multiple websites that actually talk about aiming techniques...
Of course there are. (grimaces) How else could life be complete?

caultron