It really is easy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

It really is easy

Post by steamman »

First post i've really had on here since joining. Been enjoying skirting in public and tonight I took it to a new level: I combined an ankle length denim pencil stretch skirt with high heeled boots of the blocked heel variety combined with a normal short sleeved shirt. First time i've gone out in a skirt and heels at the same time and I have to say it felt utterly fabulous. I was only doing some mundane supermarket shopping but it has to be said that being dressed like that made the ordinary seem special! I even took a peek of myself in the mirror in the clothing section. What struck me was how comfortable I was with how I looked. The one thing I can't get away with when I wear a skirt in public is how natural it feels and how confident I become. To any guy out there that is thinking about it: DO IT, it really is so easy once you step out the door, but you must be comfortable with how you look, and "own the look", as it will feed your self confidence which comes across. With self confidence, you can achieve any look you desire. Although people do notice a man wearing a skirt, nobody cares nowadays. It is only through men openly wearing skirts in public will it start to become common place. Get out there and do it, life is too short!
eightofnine

Re: It really is easy

Post by eightofnine »

yeah it is ,The only thing holding a lot of people back is the fear .I am still a little nervous going out but once i am out and about and see no one is paying attention to me the fear goes away and i feel confident .
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

The main thing that held me back was the fear of how people I knew would react, especially my family. The non-physical and non-verbal reactions of strangers didn't enter much into my anxiety since being vision impaired I likely wouldn't have noticed them anyway.

My first time out was an early morning walk to the local McDonald's. My anxiety was through the roof. Obviously, I survived the experience and my subsequent outings, including the second, were far easier by comparison. Skirts now make up almost half the bottoms in my wardrobe. I still get a thrill from wearing skirts, but the fear of negative reactions is a distant memory now that my family know and didn't react negatively.

I'm now so comfortable in skirts that I'm considering a new color of skirt from Macabi. I currently own 1 black (my first) and 2 midnight blues. I'm considering green because I feel starved for attention and I figure the green would probably attract some. :P
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I wear skirts for hiking. I like the unlimited stride, ventilation, freedom, and comfort. I was in a campground yesterday and was packing and putting thins away, and walked to the trash can next to the road to deposit from my litter bag. A truck was heading my way and the driver stopped and struck up a conversation. I shut off his truck and got out of this truck and we had an interesting conversation about outdoor activities in the area. He had similar experiences to mine although he was wearing jeans. All the while I was wearing an above the knee tan skirt and he never noticed. I also wear knee high nylon stockings over my socks to avoid getting stickers in my socks as well as protection from insects. I had some kind of insect crawl into one of my socks and was bitten which got infected. It developed into a large and deep wound and required hospitalization, surgery, and a skin graft. I don't take any chances and protect my feet and legs from a recurrence.

I drifted away from the original topic. The point is that I have been face to face with several people who never noticed that I wear a skirt when I am out and less than 1% have noticed. Have confidence and quit worrying about what your neighbors might see or how they might act.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...The point is that I have been face to face with several people who never noticed that I wear a skirt when I am out and less than 1% have noticed. Have confidence and quit worrying about what your neighbors might see or how they might act.
I live near a mountain preserve, which is basically a natural-state city park of several square miles with mountains and hiking trails. One a week I go there for what I call my fitness hike, which is about 4.5 miles long and rises 800 feet. And for this I wear a utility kilt.

Most other days I take 2-mike walks around the neighborhood in various kinds of skirts.

So this morning I was doing the mountain thing and a woman stopped me and remarked, "Oh, so you come up here too! I saw you yesterday on your walk."

Now how did she recognize me from one day to the next, especially since I was wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses?

No, I don't think it was the hat.

So, no negative vibes from this woman, only acceptance and recognition. Like, "OK, that guy."

Success.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Of course it's easy. Today I went for a morning seminar on insulin control. The sun was out so I donned an England T-shirt a knee-length black skater skirt ( polyester/elastane ) and cycled to the diabetic clinic. The skirt behaved itself impeccably even in the face oa a gentle breeze and the air movement caused by moving through the air. It didn't billow up but stayed on my knee throughout. The breeze was wonderful. Nobody at the seminar said a thing. I didn't explain or apologise but treated the whole thing as normal, which to me it was. It was just a shame that I had to get changed afterwards to go to work in the afternoon.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.