how short can you go in skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: how short can you go in skirts

Post by SkirtsDad »

We are of more or less the same height. I think the commonest length I wear is about 11.5 inches, with the shortest about 10 inches and the longest I would generally wear being roughly 13 inches. What makes a difference is where the skirt sits on the hips. My rule of decency is that, with my hands by my side, I like the skirt hem to sit at or below the beginning of my fingers (the webbed part of my proximal phalanges) in other words, just past the knuckles. Generally I would say that neither do I like my skirt hem to be past the tips of my fingers.
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

All my skirts have a length between 11.5 and 12.5 inch. My length is 6'6".
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sikko wrote:All my skirts have a length between 11.5 and 12.5 inch.My length is 6'6"
oh, my :oops: make sure it stays above the hem of your skirt :lol:

I guess you mean height is 6 and a half foot? You are brave to wear something that short :wink:
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My skirts are just above my knees, the same length that I wear shorts. My skirts closely resemble shorts as much as possible. It can be tricky on windy days or sitting in a restaurant or at an airport.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Sikko wrote:-
All my skirts have a length between 11.5 and 12.5 inch. My length is 6'6".
That sounds like pelmet territory!!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

kilty wrote:
Sikko wrote:All my skirts have a length between 11.5 and 12.5 inch.My length is 6'6"
oh, my :oops: make sure it stays above the hem of your skirt :lol:

I guess you mean height is 6 and a half foot? You are brave to wear something that short :wink:
That is one of the differences between languages. In Dutch you are "lang" = long if you are talking of a quite tall person. So in Dutch you have a length in stead of a height. Also the translation programs fall in this pit.
Vertaling.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

IF I match it with the right things and I don't plan on sitting much 12 inches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Looks good on you but just too too short for me.... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

oldsalt1 wrote:IF I match it with the right things and I don't plan on sitting much 12 inches
Looks good. When it's hot I like it as short as possible. I don't wear boots. Just only a mini skirt instead of shorts when it's hot outside and I don't plan on sitting. Ultimate comfort which is normal for a woman, but not for a man.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

As said before, my limit is 11" or 28 cm. For standing and walking only if there are no stairs or curbs to mount. ;)
P1010168qq.jpg
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Sikko

Post by Sikko »

This is one of my 12 inch skirts. I wear this one often for walking in the woods. I had twice a nice conversation while wearing this skirt. One time with two ladies. They liked me in it and said that I had nice legs. Another time with a woman with a small baby. She said that she regretted that she didn't wear a skirt with the sunny weather. We talked also about many other things.
20180719_213138a.JPG
Last edited by Sikko on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

They say the view from anywhere along the rim of the Grand Canyon is more interesting....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:They say the view from anywhere along the rim of the Grand Canyon is more interesting...
Been there, done that, hiked it in a utility kilt. And it truly is spectacular. No photograph can possibly convey the experience, the size, the splendor changing as the sun moves along the sky and the shadow and highlights shift.

A mile deep, 10-20 miles across, 250 miles long, the colors and the vegetation changing every mile.

It really is worth the trip.

And yes, no matter how short the skirt, when you stand on the rim anyone at the bottom would have a mile to look upward, so don't sweat it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Caultron wrote:
Kirbstone wrote:They say the view from anywhere along the rim of the Grand Canyon is more interesting...
Been there, done that, hiked it in a utility kilt. And it truly is spectacular. No photograph can possibly convey the experience, the size, the splendor changing as the sun moves along the sky and the shadow and highlights shift.

A mile deep, 10-20 miles across, 250 miles long, the colors and the vegetation changing every mile.

It really is worth the trip.

And yes, no matter how short the skirt, when you stand on the rim anyone at the bottom would have a mile to look upward, so don't sweat it.

Ah ha but do be careful on some of the switch backs - short cuts present an different changing view of the terrain - up close and personal ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

r.m.anderson wrote:Ah ha but do be careful on some of the switch backs - short cuts present an different changing view of the terrain - up close and personal ! LOL !
Don't sweat it. What harm will it do you if some stranger sees what you have under there?