An idea

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

An idea

Post by Freedomforall »

I had an epiphany just moments ago. I think it would be neat if some of us could create a skirt museum. It doesn't have to be a physical one per say, but a virtual skirt museum would be quite neat.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: An idea

Post by beachlion »

And what is it suppose to show?
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

beachlion wrote:And what is it suppose to show?

That is a good question and I am glad you asked. I was just about to type that when my neighbors initiated fireworks and scared my dogs to death. I think the history of skirts would be a neat thing to see. It could also display the types of skirts designed through history.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

It's been done.
Google: Victoria and Albert Museum men in skirts
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Seems to be the story of my life. Something has almost always been done when I think of it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote:Seems to be the story of my life. Something has almost always been done when I think of it.
Don't take it to heart... they say no human has had an "original thought" for a long time now.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

It's a plausible idea.
Would this be a museum of skirts, or a museum of men's skirts?
Either way, I would gladly volunteer to be a docent there.
And can you imagine the gift shop??!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

You can also buy the book of the V&A exhibition. I have it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Great idea. When I finish the heritage restoration works on my building, I am going to offer part of the ground floor to the local historical society for a museum ....... hmmmm, I better start looking for some cheap male mannequins. People can't criticise inanimate objects for wearing skirts. Brilliant, big window displays of men in skirts, facing the main street. I can see it, a real traffic stopper - no surprise to the locals though.
bondstore_P6153249_eds.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Good idea Anthony. Just make sure that they are mannequins and not womannequins!

Ducks out of sight!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

denimini wrote:Great idea. When I finish the heritage restoration works on my building, I am going to offer part of the ground floor to the local historical society for a museum ....... hmmmm, I better start looking for some cheap male mannequins. People can't criticise inanimate objects for wearing skirts. Brilliant, big window displays of men in skirts, facing the main street. I can see it, a real traffic stopper - no surprise to the locals though.
bondstore_P6153249_eds.jpg

I have an upper male torso we used for t-shirts that I will give for free. And hey, just because McDonald's sold hamburgers it did not stop Wendy's, Burger King, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Freedomforall wrote: I have an upper male torso we used for t-shirts that I will give for free. And hey, just because McDonald's sold hamburgers it did not stop Wendy's, Burger King, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a kind offer, just a problem of putting a mini skirt on an upper torso :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

denimini wrote:That is a kind offer, just a problem of putting a mini skirt on an upper torso :)
We certainly don't want to discriminate becasue the torso does not have legs....lol
Last edited by Uncle Al on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed BBCode Quoting Format
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Two thoughts:
1- wouldn't this be more an item for the general discussions?
2- the French association H-E-J (Homme ne jupe: https://asso.i-hej.com/ ) has done so already. They even had gatherings to promote the skirt wearing by men with one of their prime sponsors Hiatus of Nimes.

on facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pg/sobritish67 ... 7306789601

and how it's promoted on the french TV (F3), which is more into the regional items.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldECuM9 ... u.be&t=543
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

moonshadow wrote:...they say no human has had an "original thought" for a long time now.
Yeah, that comes up from time to time.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron