Museum trip

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Museum trip

Post by Kilty »

eightofnine wrote:i was wearing the same skirt as last week just a star wars t shirt which was different .I don't my work friend noticed .I went up to our clothing department for a quick look around before the end of my shift and i spotted a skirt that i liked the look of .So after work i went and bought one i was going to pay for it when he spotted me .A female college look at it said it was a nice skirt for me ,then lee look at it and he asked if it was for my mum so i said no it was for me he seamed a little surprised .so he said ok .I got a size to small for me though had to take it back and i seen him again .he asked what i was doing so i told him the skirt was too small he never commented on it .the photo is the new skirt i bought

Sounds like Lee is pretty open minded after the initial surprise - I could do with some shorter stuff myself, but by the time I get round to it, the heatwave will be over... :roll:
Last edited by Kilty on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

eightofnine wrote:...I went up to our clothing department for a quick look around before the end of my shift and i spotted a skirt that i liked the look of .So after work i went and bought one i was going to pay for it when he spotted me .A female college look at it said it was a nice skirt rfor me ,then lee look at it and he asked if it was for my mum so i said no it was for me he seamed a little surprised .so he said ok .I got a size to small for me though had to take it back and i seen him again .he asked what i was doing so i told him the skirt was too small he never commented on it...
There you go. Wearing a skirt is just not a major issue for anyone but you.

Oh yeah, and your mom. But I bet if you don't go too fast she'll at least become tolerant.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

8/9 the more you just go about your business skirted, the more mum will get desensitized to it... the fact you've been out several times without incident should convince her. Ebay is your friend, saw a nice grey skirt ex BHS for £6 you might like. Cute tweed A line ex M&S ones for around a tenner, if you are adventurous enough for light green :roll: Can you wear one to work, seeing as colleagues know? 8)
floatingmetal

Post by floatingmetal »

Keep at it, you're doing good so far.

Can also suggest the Oxfam online shop - a lot of M&S but other brands as well. I've had a couple of really nice Laura Ashley skirts from there for instance.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

floatingmetal wrote:Keep at it, you're doing good so far.
FM! It's been for bloomin' ever. How's life on the waterways?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
floatingmetal

Post by floatingmetal »

crfriend wrote:
floatingmetal wrote:Keep at it, you're doing good so far.
FM! It's been for bloomin' ever. How's life on the waterways?
Still floating, thanks! Busy, what with one thing and another. Another including ripping the floor out of the back part of the boat and worrying about how much of the 10mm of steel between you and the canal is steel and how much is rust... I'm nearly at a stage where I could do with taking some ballast out of the front to balance things up. Probably best achieved by moving my Teletype Corporation teletype (not absolutely sure which model but has 5-bit paper tape punch and reader) and Mac Plus (I mention these things strictly for your benefit from a retrocomputing point of view.) :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

floatingmetal wrote:Still floating, thanks!
Well, that's better than having the keel on the bottom of the canal! As far as the steel goes, it might be time to haul her out onto the hard and get an ultrasound assay done.
[...] moving my Teletype Corporation teletype (not absolutely sure which model but has 5-bit paper tape punch and reader) and Mac Plus (I mention these things strictly for your benefit from a retrocomputing point of view.) :D
A 5-bit tape... That smacks of Baudot rather than ASCII. A -28, perhaps? The Mac doesn't have enough mass to be worth worrying about.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
floatingmetal

Post by floatingmetal »

crfriend wrote:Well, that's better than having the keel on the bottom of the canal!
You say that but sometimes the water level does drop far enough that I am on the bottom. On the bank side there's only a few inches at the best of times so I can't sink far in the worst case. Ultrasound measurement is magic. I'm going to try and book something for later in the year.
crfriend wrote:A 5-bit tape... That smacks of Baudot rather than ASCII. A -28, perhaps? The Mac doesn't have enough mass to be worth worrying about.
--28 rings a BELL. It's not so much the Mac as the hard drive that goes with it! One of the few things too big to fit in any of the pockets on a Utilikilt (vaguely getting back on topic).
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

floatingmetal wrote:
crfriend wrote:Well, that's better than having the keel on the bottom of the canal!
You say that but sometimes the water level does drop far enough that I am on the bottom. On the bank side there's only a few inches at the best of times so I can't sink far in the worst case. Ultrasound measurement is magic. I'm going to try and book something for later in the year.
crfriend wrote:A 5-bit tape... That smacks of Baudot rather than ASCII. A -28, perhaps? The Mac doesn't have enough mass to be worth worrying about.
--28 rings a BELL. It's not so much the Mac as the hard drive that goes with it! One of the few things too big to fit in any of the pockets on a Utilikilt (vaguely getting back on topic).
Google for the Floppy Emu... Uses flash memory cards as a subsitute for a hard drive, but operates like your floppy drive. There's also the SCSI2SD "hard drive" that uses an SD card in place of a hard drive. That's more useful for machines like the SE and newer.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote:A 5-bit tape... That smacks of Baudot rather than ASCII.
International Telegraph Alphabet (ITA2), came after Baudot and before ASCII.  It was the standard for teleprinters.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

8/9 where did you buy your skirt from? Looks cute!
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

kilty wrote:8/9 where did you buy your skirt from? Looks cute!

from asda i always have a quick look around but there isn't that much i think it's £8 plus i get staff discount .
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

eightofnine wrote:

from asda i always have a quick look around but there isn't that much i think it's £8 plus i get staff discount .
Looks great, I'll have to check out my local. But I've bought too many skirts on ebay of late, another black denim one arrives next week :mrgreen:
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

kilty wrote:
eightofnine wrote:

Looks great, I'll have to check out my local. But I've bought too many skirts on ebay of late, another black denim one arrives next week :mrgreen:
yeah me too i can't help it sometimes there are so many nice skirts on ebay .
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Tell me about it! I foolishly decided to have a quick look on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. Cue four more skirts landing on the doormat, and that's without counting the ones I found in Sainsbury's when I really only needed beer.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair