Builders in Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Builders in Skirts

Post by jamodu »

In the UK, construction workers were told that they couldn't wear shorts during the hot weather amid legislative safety requirements.

The Men noticed that female workers on the same building site were allowed to wear skirts.

So, faced with the usual double-standards conflict, they all returned the next day in Skirts and Dresses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rules.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6514743/b ... ment-site/
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Builders in Skirts

Post by Freedomforall »

Now these guys are "rocking".
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Hopefully they will realise that skirts are better than shorts for bricklaying in hot weather, something I can vouch for. Although the term 26C heat made me smile.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have worked on building sites during my tenure in Structural Engineering, mainly with steel-framed, trapezoidal metal clad buildings. Large building sites are not the safest or best workplaces but conditions have improved a lot. Up on a roof in summer the temperatures can exceed 40 deg centipede and the sun shining off the light-coloured roofsheets can cause severe sunburn for much the same reason as sand or water, so contraintuitively shorts or skirts are probably not the best option for those conditions. If it is a health and safety issue then the rules must have changed relatively recently as shorts and a thin T-shirt in summer was the standard. As long as you had the steel toe boots, a high-viz jacket, hard hat and goggles/ear protectors for machinery then all was ok.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

One nice thing is the comments are fairly positive... pictures paint a thoussnd words, perhaps a few more guys might consider skirts as an alternative to shorts this summer, which looks to be a hot one :wink: