Wearing Summer Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Wearing Summer Skirts

Post by weeladdie18 »

My popular choice this year has been the traditional below the knee full summer skirt.

Most common has been the patterned skirt with an elasticated waist.. Easy to wear and

secured with a heavy male leather belt.

Now that the weather is warmer I have taken to wearing this skirt with a male shirt and

male tweed traditional sports jacket. A smart style of clothing. ...Defines the male image

with the comfort of the summer skirt.

These garments are all available , sometimes new or hardly worn , from the local charity shop.

A days skirt hunting in the charity shops would probably produce a fine outfit consisting of the

garments mentioned , for the wages for a couple of hours work....say perhaps a bit of overtime.

Good hunting ....weeladdie
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing Summer Skirts

Post by Kilty »

Sounds interesting... any picture of the outfit?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing Summer Skirts

Post by weeladdie18 »

Kiltie.... Thank you for your comments.....Traditional full summer skirts are just below the knee.

The sports jacket is a male retro style...
I wore this style of jacket to work with my cavalry twill trousers in the swinging sixties.

I regret to inform you my cameras are somewhere under the five rails which hold my

skirt collection. ...Rails on castors with plastic covers are available from Argos as a packet of tubes.

Plastic Hangers in boxes of 30 from Argos.....clip hangers available from Wilco in U K

3 clip hangers will support 2 aprons and rear pleated waist band of 8 yard Kilt

Rear pleated waist band consists of approximately 6 or seven yards of pleated cloth.

Weight of pleated section of waist band is approximately 3 pounds....weeladdie