Moonshadow made me do it!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Moonshadow made me do it!

Post by Freedomforall »

I have to confess. I had to purchase a Macabi skirt after seeing Moonshadow sporting one. I am very glad I did, This may become my new favorite skirt. Thank you Moonshadow!
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Moonshadow made me do it!

Post by crfriend »

I've had a Macabi for years and love it. It's my favourite sailing skirt.

It dries quickly after a rain, shrugs off getting stepped on, and tends not to catch on anything. It's perfectly adapted to what it was designed for.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm glad you like it! My black midi Macabi is my skirt of choice when I need to be somewhat "masculine" as many of my skirts get a bit on the girly side. They are also quite rugged and good for working around the house in.

Additionally, I discovered another use for the Macabi on Sunday, as it stands I'm currently wrestling with a failed septic system, and while I'm working with the authorities on a resolution, my tank is only to be used as a "holding tank", as the drainfield is shot. So we've been really trying to cut down on the amount of water that goes down the drain as it fills the tank up fast.

Sunday, I mowed my grass, and as usual, I got grass clippings all over me. So rather than shower indoors like I normally do, I just took my shirt off, kept my Macabi skirt on (I was already mowing in it), and proceeded to take a shower in the front yard with the water hose. Since the Macabi is so fast drying, I didn't worry about getting it soaked.

It worked quite well, but the water was rather cold, and I don't recommend this for the early morning shower, or any time during the winter! :mrgreen:

But just to knock the grass clippings off... it worked great!

And to think, the neighbors probably thought I couldn't get any weirder!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:And to think, the neighbors probably thought I couldn't get any weirder!
100% pure unadulterated MoonShadow! Accept no substitute.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Nice Moon! Did the grass clippings leave any stains? Also, thank you Carl for mentioning it's use as a sailing skirt. Sailing is one of our goals. We had an 18 foot Starwind several years back and loved it.