Rokjesdag

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Rokjesdag

Post by DonaldG »

Sunday (22 April) is Rokjesday, the first day of the year on which many wear short skirts with bare legs (a Dutch festival).

Here in Ayr, Scotland, I think today was our Rokjesdag - it was warm and sunny, and several women I noticed, and I, were wearing short skirts, sandals and bare legs.

For those in the northern hemisphere, has Rokjesdag happened in your part of the world yet?
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Rokjesdag

Post by crfriend »

DonaldG wrote:For those in the northern hemisphere, has Rokjesdag happened in your part of the world yet?
Not even close in central Massachusetts, New England, USA. Today was entirely overcast with lead-grey skies, temperatures in the mid 30s (F), and began with heavy snow, mixing with and turning into a very cold nasty rain.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

DonaldG wrote:...For those in the northern hemisphere, has Rokjesdag happened in your part of the world yet?
There's nothing like that here in Phoenix, Arizona but jeans and yoga pants do transition into short shorts.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

DonaldG wrote:Sunday (22 April) is Rokjesday, the first day of the year on which many wear short skirts with bare legs (a Dutch festival). ......
It is not really a Dutch festival. It is more the magical moment when all women decide it is warm enough to wear skirts. But with a lot of pants wearing women, it is getting more vague every year. So the men should keep the movement going. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Maybe we can hook it up with memorial day and all wear white skirts
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yesterday was mid 70's, very warm and sunny. Most of the day I was wearing a yellow miniskirt with a white strappy camisole top and little else! I was still too warm. Much to the disgust of MOH to whom I explained that I was far too warm to wear trousers or jeans. Even when I went to work later in the day I wore black cargo shorts. Today I am not at work and we are scheduled for more sun and as I type there's not a cloud in the sky. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

beachlion wrote:
DonaldG wrote:Sunday (22 April) is Rokjesday, the first day of the year on which many wear short skirts with bare legs (a Dutch festival). ......
It is not really a Dutch festival. It is more the magical moment when all women decide it is warm enough to wear skirts. But with a lot of pants wearing women, it is getting more vague every year. So the men should keep the movement going. ;)
I doubt very much that such will happen.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

In the Palm Springs area skimpy is the rule. A lot of very short shorts, but skirts are popular. We have a huge music festival (Coachella) and the participants are all "working on their tan", therefore are wearing as little as possible. Locals avoid the "epicenter" of the traffic and crowds.