Mr. Kirt, Italian skirt maker

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mr. Kirt, Italian skirt maker

Post by Caultron »

Grok wrote:There seems to be some interest in MIS in continental Europe. One has to wonder if, eventually, someone there will market a garment that actually gains traction.
I don't think there's ever going to be some magic unbifurcated garment that makes men say, "Now that's something I would wear."

It'll more likely be something that starts in a small trend-setting niche of society and then inexplicably goes viral.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Caultron wrote:
Grok wrote:There seems to be some interest in MIS in continental Europe. One has to wonder if, eventually, someone there will market a garment that actually gains traction.
I don't think there's ever going to be some magic unbifurcated garment that makes men say, "Now that's something I would wear."

It'll more likely be something that starts in a small trend-setting niche of society and then inexplicably goes viral.
Indeed! I now see lots more men carrying handbags (hate the term manbag), current estimates are the 10-15% of UK men now carry handbags.

Not so long ago, having a handbag would have attracted a lot of negative attention, nowadays not so.

I'd like to know how this happened and transpose it to skirt wearing!!!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sinned wrote:There are an increasing number of manufacturers of kilts/skirts for men. The main problem seems to be overcoming the inertia of men's reluctance to buy and wear them.
Kilts look great, Instagram searches show the amount of men wearing them, even for casual events, increasing, but they are expensive, with a decent new one £100 / $140. When someone can buy jeans for a quarter of that price and not watch how they sit or not ruin pleats, it's easy to see why kilts are more for special events and not everyday wear. Skirts would be more practical but UK weather doesnt stay hot enough for a great deal of time, and men think "skirt = female" which is a hurdle to overcome. There are more 'men in skirt' stories making the news, but it is more protests to get to wear shorts. When an employer agrees that shorts can be worn, the skirts quickly disappear :(