Mr Turk short kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ricky

Mr Turk short kilt

Post by Ricky »

I frequently browse both low-end and high-end fashion stores and sites and came across this piece here:

https://www.mrturk.com/elton-kilt-skirt ... 2242361095

At first I thought it was some shorts-kilt thing, but apparently it's a real deal skirt/kilt (call it what you will). Price tag is a wee bit high, but I just found it interesting to find a kilt (and such a short one at that) in a regular mens fashion store...albeit online...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mr Turk short kilt

Post by Kirbstone »

Interesting find, Risky. Btw. Welcome to this little club.

Skimpy bit of ill-fitting cloth for 200 bucks !

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Ricky wrote:I frequently browse both low-end and high-end fashion stores and sites and came across this piece here:

https://www.mrturk.com/elton-kilt-skirt ... 2242361095

At first I thought it was some shorts-kilt thing, but apparently it's a real deal skirt/kilt (call it what you will). Price tag is a wee bit high, but I just found it interesting to find a kilt (and such a short one at that) in a regular mens fashion store...albeit online...
Hemline is as high as the price tag :shock: defitinitely rock thick tights or dark panties for this one. You could get so many cheap skirts and dresses off ebay for less. Nice to see a model smiling when he's in a skirt, some of them look so sullen.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

Skirt is actually really good but personally I would style it a little differently because,
Skirt is spring/summer style and colour
Boots are too bulky and not really good for summer, more for fall/winter
Shirt is short sleeve but more of a fall colour

I would wear it if going for a walk but most likely not if I was going to sit for lunch somewhere. It is great to see it on a men's fashion web site, nice find!!
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Hey all, FWIW, as of today, this skirt/kilt is SOLD OUT of 4 of the 6 available sizes. Perhaps the sizes that are sold out didn’t start with as many in stock than the ones that are left and dissappeared quickly. But it IS actually Very interesting to see that there are only 2 sizes still available. I did sign up to be notified when it’s back in stock. It will be interesting to see if they do in fact restock or let it languish until all the rest are sold. It could be a test for this store to see how a skirt performs in the marketplace. If it were a bit longer, I might have considered myself a potential buyer. Well, at that price, its a Big maybe.

RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There is insufficient overlap at the front for my liking - a bit more would have been better. The colour tartan isn't to my taste either - maybe a different one might appeal to me. Not impressed with the last image, looking at his underwear! But as of this moment only 1 L and 1 XL left so either only small production run ( likely ) or very popular. Perhaps a site to watch and one more example of male skirt acceptance. Big stores take note - you're missing a growing fashion trend!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

It's surprising that those sizes sold out at that very high price. It's somewhat attractive, but way too pricey. I agree that it's presented well on the web page, and any nice depiction of a skirted man is a positive force.

-----Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I like the "Concept" but for me,
it's too short, no pleats in the back
and the front apron isn't wide enough.
Also it's "Dry Clean Only". I only get
ones that are 'Wash-n-wear'.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Indeed the price and hemline are a bit high in my opinion. The combination with the jacket reminds me a bit of the skirts for men presented in the late 60's. It's described of having a lining, would that be the boxershort or so shown?
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

I just received an email saying this kilt is back in stock. It will be interesting to see how quickly they run out again .

RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted