January Sale buy & its positive reaction…

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Rolando

January Sale buy & its positive reaction…

Post by Rolando »

I recently bought a reversible wrap skirt from Skirtfanatic.com I've been looking at their skirts for some time and the offer of 20% off, I couldn't resist.

SF is a small designer/outlet. The owner – Andrea, has a weekly market stall at various places in Devon (UK) plus her online store. Being a small trader, I think the stock is a bit limited and turns over fairly quickly….I've missed a few skirts that I've fancied - because I didn't order them quick enough!

This purchase – an above the knee (just, on me) red tartan number with denim 'look' on the reverse. Andrea emailed me once the parcel had been dispatched, asking me to let her know when it had arrived safely. This I did, thanking her for the prompt delivery and its enclosed discount voucher. I also mentioned that the skirt was a great fit and the length was perfect for me.

I keep an eye on SF on Facelook because stock changes frequently. Today I noticed this post possibly prompted by me making it obvious that I was buying the skirt for myself.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4656/2512 ... 6845_z.jpg
Looking through the photos on SF Facelook I came across another interesting one….Andrea modelling one of her skirts and a guy in the background rummaging through the skirts!…..shame about the manbag, can't see what he's wearing, very short shorts? very short skirt? Or maybe nothing at all!!?? :shock: :lol:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4612/3996 ... 4a79_z.jpg
Uncle Al

Re: January Sale buy & its positive reaction…

Post by Uncle Al »

:thumleft:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Rolando wrote: I keep an eye on SF on Facelook because stock changes frequently. Today I noticed this post possibly prompted by me making it obvious that I was buying the skirt for myself.
Looks good, but too bad there's a "transgender" tag.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Just what I thought!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ahh.. I wouldn't sweat the "transgender" tag too much. It's just the catch word of the period. As gender roles continue to get watered down, this too shall pass. Before you know it, it just won't matter.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hmm. Transgender thinking is the opposite of watering down gender roles. It needs to delineate them so people can jump from one to the other. But I'll let the woman off, this time.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Moonshadow wrote:
skirtyscot wrote:Transgender thinking is the opposite of watering down gender roles.
Oh I don't know... maybe you're right, but here lately I'm just starting to think it's just a word for politicians and activist.
I've been wondering for some time now just how much of that noise is men who have discovered precisely how vile a bog of offal they've been handed in the guise of "masculinity" that they're rebelling and don't recall how to assert themselves as men to regain their lost status. Sure there are women pushing ever deeper into modern "masculinity" -- without realising (or caring) how toxic the notion is -- and they can have it (mainly because they already have all the good parts). Men are left wondering what happened and have been so emasculated that they cannot figure out what to do.
Ironically, I actually think we have our commander in chief to thank for that. He certainly keeps the public busy with LOTS of things for people to debate on.
This is entirely by design. Keep the proles occupied with the latest juicy scandal and it'll keep their attention away from the important matters -- like their own survival. What do you prefer watching? The latest presidential gaffe or the continual bleed from your bank account that you can do nothing about? Or the massive tax increase that's just been handed to (what's left of) the middle class?

On modern "masculinity", all I can say about the matter is: "There's nothing to see here. Move along."
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.