Interesting discussion of men in skirts in the workplace

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting discussion of men in skirts in the workplace

Post by Sinned »

MOH was seated nearby when I was typing the last message and she wanted to know what I was typing. I told her and she said that she thinks that I slag her off on this site. I don't. I know I report what has happened and things she has said and times when we have argued but I have never harshly criticised her. I have tried to be understanding about her stance and feelings. So if you are or ever read this Darling I do try and understand and I love you anyway even if you don't like me wearing skirts sometimes.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Sorry but I've not heard this term before; "I slag her off". Please elaborate.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Gordon wrote:Sorry but I've not heard this term before; "I slag her off". Please elaborate.
To "slag of on" is to generally exhibit a lot of disrespect for an individual, or to otherwise insult them publicly. Sometimes it's warranted and sometimes it's not.

Sinned is certainly not slagging off on his wife. Like most rude or disrespectful behaviour, you'd recognise it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Ok thanks. And yes I agree, he certainly doesn't.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It could be a good thing for you Dennis, This site really helped my wife come around...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks guys for your support. She knows about the site and that I'm a member of it. I have said that she can visit it anytime and read what's being said but as yet she hasn't shown any inclination to. Nor does she show any interest in any of the articles in the mainstream and fashion press about men's skirts. She doesn't even show any interest in researching the topic via google and until she does I don't see that much progress can be made on her attitude. It's as if she is like the proverbial ostrich and sand.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned,
You and I are in very similar situations, spouse wise. Right now, I don't see any likely resolution that would be less than destructive.
Not good but life as we know it!
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I was looking at unread posts and MOH passed by when there was a photo of one of you in a skirt and top. She only half saw it and assumed wrongly as she said about looking at women in skirts to which I replied, "Actually it's a man in a skirt." There then followed a few sentences on the topic of all I think about is skirts. Not true - sex comes top of that list. I said that I don't think a lot about skirts I just put it on when I want to and then forget about me wearing it. I said that she could look at this site whenever she chose but I very much doubt she will. I had a cardboard box to take out to the car to drop in our compactor at work when I go later on. Naturally I got several comments about showing the neighbours my skirt and I'll probably fall down as it's icy out there. I didn't and I said that the neighbours, the few that won't be at work, have better things to do than keeping looking out of their windows to catch sight of me in my skirt. BTW just a plain and ordinary knee-length denim with a green Christmas jumper.