Another useful Sainsbury's skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Another useful Sainsbury's skirt

Post by beachlion »

I side with Mugman. I exchanged pants for skirts/kilts because of comfort in wearing. I did some experiments with shoes, tights and dresses but that is not raising my level of comfort. So I don't go with that, at least for the time being. The fabric of the skirts/kilt is more or less identical to my pants, long or short. Therefore I don't have to change the rest of my clothes.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Agreed on heels with traditional tartan kilts. Maybe 2" block oxfords or boots, as it to keep above the trench or horse muck, but that's about it.

There's probably more flexibility with utility kilts, and much more with out-and-out skirts.

But if wearing heels simply doesn't appeal to you, then simply don't wear them.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sorry mugman didn't mean any offense. I have been at this about a year and a half and I am still in learning mode. I have heard the comments of the other cafe members. If It interested me I tried it. If not I ignored it. You have to do what makes you comfortable.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

oldsalt1 wrote: didn't mean any offense.
No offence taken :D . We will all have slightly different approaches to the main ingredient of this forum's purpose.

Comfort zones, both in a literal (and confidence) sense determine our journey, and I think it's interesting how each of us handles the subject in our own way...from basic 'behind closed doors' to full on 'out there'. All of it is legitimate in my opinion.

I too tried tights at one point but it was defeating the object of the pleasure of not wrapping my legs up and missing out on the subtle experiences of free air movement around me. A sturdy knee length skirt or kilt on a gusty day is sheer bliss! Long socks become a necessary option when it gets too chilly, which I regret having to go for, but again it's for comfort rather than looks. As mainly a kilt user, knee length items are the only style that interests me.

Pete
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I often buy my skirts from Sainsburys. Good choice and good price although I do find their sizing varies quite a bit.
I want to wear skirts without judgment just as women can wear trousers.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Adrian wrote:I often buy my skirts from Sainsburys. Good choice and good price although I do find their sizing varies quite a bit.
Sainsburys have a sale on their Tu clothing this week (ends Mon 4th Dec). 25% off. :)
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

shadowfax wrote:
Adrian wrote:I often buy my skirts from Sainsburys. Good choice and good price although I do find their sizing varies quite a bit.
Sainsburys have a sale on their Tu clothing this week (ends Mon 4th Dec). 25% off. :)
this one
https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/C ... chProduct=
is nice :)
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

kilty wrote:
shadowfax wrote:
this one
https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/C ... chProduct=
is nice :)
Would you you pair it with the matching jumper (knitted top) though? A bit too bold for me. :wink: :)
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Quite interesting, but I'd prefer this one:

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/R ... 256-Purple

Currently showing as out of stock for anything bigger than size 8. I'll check the store near work tomorrow.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

shadowfax wrote:
Great, I'll go and visit my local store. Thanks
I want to wear skirts without judgment just as women can wear trousers.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

shadowfax wrote:Sainsburys have a sale on their Tu clothing this week (ends Mon 4th Dec). 25% off. :)
There was a huge banner advertising it outside the main Sainsbury's store in central Bath today - which is pointless because that store doesn't have a clothing section. There is another Sainsbury's on the southern outskirts of the city which does have a few racks of clothes, so that might be worth a visit.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

The sizing of Tu clothing is definitely not to be trusted. I purchased two recently, one stated as size 16 and one as 18. Both were actually the same size. If you don't want to try anything on, at least have a tape measure handy.

Sainsbury's have no problems changing or refunding a garment, unless, I believe, it was a sale item. However, I once purchased a skirt at normal price and when by the time I returned it for a refund a few days later, as it wasn't what I wanted after all, that remaining skirt design in the store had become a sale item. The assistant scanned the barcode, which indicated a sale item, and more or less refused to refund the original price I'd paid, though I of course had the receipt to prove it. She was basically an idiot but I got my way in the end through a lot of unnecessary heated debate, with her in return treating me like a very annoying b*****d. So watch out for that situation. I did send a letter of complaint to the manager but got no response.

Pete