First time out in Utility Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: You've got better legs than me

Post by Caultron »

shadowfax wrote:The belt's buckle isn't quite as bright as it appears in the picture. The two metal parts of the buckle are a pewter colour and sit upon two patent black 'leather' panels. The rest of the belt is made from wide, matt black elastic material.
I think that I'll stick with the black Mary Jane shoes. I have two or three different styles.
I guess that I could try wearing the outfit without the belt though.
Real life can always look different than photographs.

The belt buckle just struck me as flamboyant in a historical way and the shoes not.

But by all means, do your own thing and revel in it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Complemented on the belt

Post by shadowfax »

Caultron wrote:
shadowfax wrote:The belt's buckle isn't quite as bright as it appears in the picture. The two metal parts of the buckle are a pewter colour and sit upon two patent black 'leather' panels. The rest of the belt is made from wide, matt black elastic material.
I think that I'll stick with the black Mary Jane shoes. I have two or three different styles.
I guess that I could try wearing the outfit without the belt though.
Real life can always look different than photographs.

The belt buckle just struck me as flamboyant in a historical way and the shoes not.

But by all means, do your own thing and revel in it.
I walked over to a local supermarket wearing my black utility kilt worn with the aforementioned decorative belt, sheer black tights (pantyhose) and my black Mary Jane shoes with medium/high (8cm - 3") block heels. Black polo shirt.
Pretty much the same outfit as pictured on page 5 of this thread.

When I got to the supermarket's checkouts, the lady till operator said that she liked my belt so we exchanged a few words about it. :)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: First time out in Utility Kilt

Post by r.m.anderson »

For more examples of the belt - search "Elastic Cinch Belts" on ebay.

Quite a wide variety in colors styles features.

Kirbstone wears one frequently with his outfits.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

r.m.anderson wrote:For more examples of the belt - search "Elastic Cinch Belts" on ebay.

Quite a wide variety in colors styles features.

Kirbstone wears one frequently with his outfits.
Mine came from an eBay seller.
Thanks for the info about Kirbstone wearing such belts too. Nice to know that I'm not alone. :wink:
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Most guys envy those who wear kilts or skirts and wish they had the guts to wear them. I used to be the guy who envied and wanted to find out how it would feel to wear a kilt or skirt. Now I know and don't need to envy anyone. I encountered another guy wearing a skirt and told him he must have a big I.Q.

I really like the release of tension when wearing a skirt. I thoroughly enjoy hiking in a skirt. I have never had rude comments, only positive or interesting questions I would like to have known before I began wearing skirts. Women like them. My wife loves them.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...I really like the release of tension when wearing a skirt. I thoroughly enjoy hiking in a skirt. I have never had rude comments, only positive or interesting questions I would like to have known before I began wearing skirts. Women like them...
You can find that information posted here every day but the hard part is believing it. You have to defeat your own demons.
Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...My wife loves them.
Count your lucky stars. That's great!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Most guys envy those who wear kilts or skirts and wish they had the guts to wear them.
I hear that quite often. I absolutely love my UK. I think the fun part is when I'm around a buddy and he's giving me crap about my 'skirt' and a woman comes up and compliments me profusely. I'm preaching to the choir here, but chicks dig men in kilts!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mike wrote:...I'm preaching to the choir here, but chicks dig men in kilts!
A good percentage, at least.

caultron
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Maybe the women do like men in utility kilts, I was at the Bottle'O the other week and there was two girls (mid to late 20's I guess) behind me in the queue at the checkout, and I could tell that one of them was discretely checking me out, while I think the other either didn't notice, or care.

I was wearing my black utility kilt, tank T shirt and simple rubber flip flops (what us Aussies call thongs), as it was a warm evening, very casual.

No comments made verbally, but she was definitely checking me out as after they left the shop and walked away, she did glance back as I was getting into the car.
I'll take that as a positive.

My wife likes it when I wear a sarong around the house as well.. and she has told me I can bring it with me when we go to the Philippines in a couple of months, she's not afraid of being seen with me either in the utility kilt or sarong.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I already posted this outfit on the out and about blog but I have gotten a few good comments from the members.

Its a 511 tactical kilt I did shorten it a little

This is actually my second time out I wore this to a baseball game last april
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

oldsalt1 wrote:I already posted this outfit on the out and about blog but I have gotten a few good comments from the members.

Looks great oldsalt. :)
I'll definitely check out the 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilts range the next time I'm ready to buy a kilt.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

shadowfax wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:I already posted this outfit on the out and about blog but I have gotten a few good comments from the members.

Looks great oldsalt. :)
I'll definitely check out the 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilts range the next time I'm ready to buy a kilt.
I wore mine today in London for a press event (John Lewis), no one said anything about it (more's the pity)!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 5.11 Tactical Duty Kilt

Post by shadowfax »

renesm1 wrote:I wore mine today in London for a press event (John Lewis), no one said anything about it (more's the pity)!
Camouflage colour? Too effective? :wink: :)
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

New patent MJ shoes

Post by shadowfax »

I've recently been wearing some new black patent Mary Jane shoes with 3 3/4" (9.5cm) block heels together with my usual black Utility Kilt and polo shirt.
The shoes are surprisingly comfortable to walk in, now that I've broken them in a bit around the toes.
No problem driving my car either when I head out to more distant supermarkets.
BTW It's easier for me to reach items on the top shelf in the supermarket too! :wink: :)
Patent Mary Janes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Mike wrote:
he's giving me crap about my 'skirt'
Yeah, I've come across this myself-males making smart ass comments at kilts.

They are gender policing against men wearing....menswear!