First time out in Utility Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: First time out in Utility Kilt

Post by Caultron »

"So, how much exercise did you get yesterday?" (wearing your utility kilt in public for the first time.)

"About 60 watts."

"So, were you, like, jogging with a light bulb in your mouth? Is that it? At night, maybe?"

The whole wattage thing is going crazy anyway. When you buy an LED bulb now, they'll tell you it's a 60 even when the actual wattage is much lower. But I guess it's as bright as a 60 watt bulb used to be. (Before it burned out.)

"Were you looking for something?"

"Lost joules."

(Makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time, eh?) (No one expects cognitive dissonance.)

(No scotch or soda were consumed in the making of this post.)

"Find any?"

"No, I was headed southwest."
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

This thread has meandered into the Twilight Zone. Where watts and joules frolic in the luminus midnight sun and metres walk in strident ways. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Caultron wrote:"So, how much exercise did you get yesterday?" (wearing your utility kilt in public for the first time.)

"About 60 watts."
Watts is the rate of flow of energy, not the total amount.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

pelmut wrote:
Caultron wrote:"So, how much exercise did you get yesterday?" (wearing your utility kilt in public for the first time.)

"About 60 watts."
Watts is the rate of flow of energy, not the total amount.
Yes. Energy is in watt-hours, which is watts times hours.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Sinned wrote:This thread has meandered into the Twilight Zone. Where watts and joules frolic in the luminus midnight sun and metres walk in strident ways. :lol:
What I find amusing is that all of this "thread drift" started when Bertino56 wrote, "Despite my heritage (I am four-fifths Scotch), I don't own any kilts.".
To which Ray responded, "You are 80% whisky? Wow.".

I would guess that Ray intended his remark as gentle sarcasm about the use of the rather archaic, term "Scotch" rather than "Scottish", the modern term for a person from Scotland. Nowadays, folk in the UK prefer the word "Scottish" to be used to describe a person's ancestry.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/scotch
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/scottish
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I was more intrigued by how Bertino56 worked out that he is 80% Scottish. Were four of his five grandparents Scottish?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

skirtyscot wrote:I was more intrigued by how Bertino56 worked out that he is 80% Scottish. Were four of his five grandparents Scottish?
More gentle sarcasm. Love it. :)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

shadowfax wrote:More gentle sarcasm. Love it.
I bet.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

A quick update on my kilt wear. All is still going well. :)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

shadowfax wrote:A quick update on my kilt wear. All is still going well. :)
That's great, shadowfax! It seems you're well over the initial hump and gone totally mainstream (in the world of skirt-wearing men).

caultron
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Caultron wrote:
shadowfax wrote:A quick update on my kilt wear. All is still going well. :)
That's great, shadowfax! It seems you're well over the initial hump and gone totally mainstream (in the world of skirt-wearing men).
Thanks Caultron. :)
I've even bought a spare pair of Mary Jane shoes. Slightly different style but still black patent and block-heeled. :wink:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

shadowfax wrote:...I've even bought a spare pair of Mary Jane shoes. Slightly different style but still black patent and block-heeled. :wink:
Watch out, they're addictive...

caultron
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

It's about 4°C (39°F) here in the UK, today. I walked over to a local supermarket wearing my black utility kilt, 20 denier medium support tights (pantyhose) in nearly black and my black patent, Mary Jane shoes with medium block heels. Black top as usual.

When I got to the supermarket's checkout, the lady operator started a conversation with me about wearing the kilt and tights on such a cold day. No disapproval, she was just surprised that I didn't mind the cold! :) She thought that I was brave! :wink:
I said that I was fine with today's temperature and the mild compression from the tights was helpful for my knees. Just a pleasant conversation.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

shadowfax wrote:...I walked over to a local supermarket wearing my black utility kilt, 20 denier medium support tights (pantyhose) in nearly black and my black patent, Mary Jane shoes with medium block heels. Black top as usual...
Sounds like you're doing great!

caultron
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Caultron wrote:
shadowfax wrote:...I walked over to a local supermarket wearing my black utility kilt, 20 denier medium support tights (pantyhose) in nearly black and my black patent, Mary Jane shoes with medium block heels. Black top as usual...
Sounds like you're doing great!
Thanks. :)
I reckon that I am. :wink: