Interesting Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JoePublic

Re: Interesting Guy

Post by JoePublic »

Mark as in Mark wrote:
kilty wrote:Stylish as ever, Mark! Are those wavy lines down the skirt - looks great! 8) Love the green 944 in the background while you pose next to the pink Porsche 917 in the foreground.fabelhaft! :wink:
Thanks Kilty. The skirt is a dark gray with pinstripes. So straight lines on the skirt, not wavy. I think it a wavy look is a result of reducing the image to get to the 256k requirement to post here. Also that is a green 924 in the background and not an 944.
I'm not too clued up on my Porsches, but the 944 was one I remembered as a kid. I hate to use the F word here, but I love my Ferrari's :oops: :wink: I would love a Porsche Macan if I had the money though. I struggle to reduce images to 256k without making them so small or too grainy. Love the skirt and shoes in uour pic 8)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

kilty wrote:Stylish as ever, Mark! Are those wavy lines down the skirt - looks great! 8) Love the green 944 in the background while you pose next to the pink Porsche 917 in the foreground.fabelhaft! :wink:
Sorry to be a pain, but there's an 'r' in farbelhaft.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Kirbstone wrote:

Tom
Nein... you might be thinking of märchenhaft, but all the dictionaries I've checked spell it like me... sehr gut :mrgreen:

Nice ensemble as always... re connecting with tartan again and have got a Dress Gordon pencil as an alternative to the Dress Gordon kilt :)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

kilty wrote:
Kirbstone wrote:

Tom
Nein... you might be thinking of märchenhaft, but all the dictionaries I've checked spell it like me... sehr gut :mrgreen: .....
I'm with Kilty, even my Dutch-German dictionary says so.

I like the way Mark presents himself to the public eye but it did not distracted my engineering genes too much from the nice cars, or automobiles as that sounds more fitting to me. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Ah, Porsches, who needs 'em? The only time I have ever touched one, it was to give it a push in the snow! Everyone else was managing to make slow progress along the motorway through the white stuff, but the Porsche was sliding around in the middle of the two lanes. Not safe to pass in case it slid sideways at the wrong moment. Eventually it came to a halt and some of us fellow road users helpfully pushed it on to the hard shoulder.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Kilty,
Humble apologies, got fabelhaft wrong. You learn something every day. Du hattest vollkommen Recht,

Alastair,
Some years ago now a guy parked his Porsche right in front of our gate when we lived in an Irish village. We couldn't get out, so I recruited a couple of locals and we tried to lift it sideways a bit, so we could get by. The whole plastic rear bumper assembly came away ! Served him right!

Tom
Last edited by Kirbstone on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

kilty wrote:
Kirbstone wrote:

Tom
Nein... you might be thinking of märchenhaft, but all the dictionaries I've checked spell it like me... sehr gut :mrgreen:

Nice ensemble as always... re connecting with tartan again and have got a Dress Gordon pencil as an alternative to the Dress Gordon kilt :)
I would agree with wearing a tartan pencil skirt....My Black Watch Pencil Skirt certainly does confuse
some people as it is tartan , but not a pleated Kilt......carry on skirting .
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

I have uploaded some hi-res photos of my visit to the museum on my board at Pinterest if anyone is interested.
IMG_5207.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Looking good, Mark, and I appreciate the different background.

I thought you deleted your Pinterest account. No? And if you're active there again, what's the URL?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Kirbstone wrote:Kilty,
Humble apologies, got fabelhaft wrong. You learn something every day. Du hattest vollkommen recht,

Alastair,
Some years ago now a guy parked his Porsche right in front of our gate when we lived in an Irish village. We couldn't get out, so I recruited a couple of locals and we tried to lift it sideways a bit, so we could get by. The whole plastic rear bumper assembly came away ! Served him right!

Tom
Tom, Okay, wir machen alle Fehler... ask Mark, he can translate :wink: Shocked by the vandalism of that Porsche :shock: but it can be a nightmare parking, especially in London I am always watching for driveways, and it can be hard getting in and out of the X6 in a tight pencil skirt at the best of times without having to hitch it up a little first :lol:

Killing it again with the pics, Mark! :ugeek: Though surely wearing such high heels most days must make your calves ache
DrJoMgRU8AAIwFw.jpg
when you get back to your desk at work? :roll:
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Caultron wrote:Looking good, Mark, and I appreciate the different background.

I thought you deleted your Pinterest account. No? And if you're active there again, what's the URL?
Thanks Caultron :)

https://www.pinterest.de/RMartbryan/201 ... nniversar/
Last edited by Mark as in Mark on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

kilty wrote:
Killing it again with the pics, Mark! :ugeek: Though surely wearing such high heels most days must make your calves ache when you get back to your desk at work? :roll:
Kilty, actual the calves feel fine. It's the balls of the feet that start aching after standing or walking for long periods of time. That's why most of my heels have gel pads. :)

I actually do specific exercises when in the gym for glutes, legs, and calves. I also walk in the treadmill each day for 15 min. at the maximum incline to elongate the calves to counteract the effects the high heels have on your calves.

Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Mark as in Mark wrote:I actually do specific exercises when in the gym for glutes, legs, and calves. I also walk in the treadmill each day for 15 min. at the maximum incline to elongate the calves to counteract the effects the high heels have on your calves.
Hmm, what effect on calves is that? I've been wearing heels almost every day for a month now and not noticed anything. Are my calves going to dry up and blow away someday, or something even more horrifying?
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Apparently, because the heels are raised above the arch of the foot the muscles in the calves shorten so that when flats are worn the muscles stretch and are sore. It probably doesn't happen over a month or two but after years of continual wearing of heels ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

My sister has had both half knee replacements, main cause high heel wearing for 30 yrs.

John