Interesting Guy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting Guy

Post by Caultron »

beachlion wrote:I have seen both things happening. A colleaque came home one day to find a note on the kitchen table telling him that his wife moved in another woman. That woman was a house friend for years. Through her the wife had discovered her lesbian feelings.

A member of a skirted men forum wrote that his wife sees him as a husband when he has pants on. As soon as he goes into skirts or dresses it becomes an intimate female friend. She even goes with him shopping and is pushing him to more femme styles. She has also another name for him.
Go figure, but I guess whatever behavior you can imagine, with some 7.5 billion people on earth, somebody's going to have it.

""It's all part of life's rich tapestry"

(Inspector Clouseau., "A Shot in the Dark")
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
robert
Distinguished Member

Post by robert »

Welcome to this skirtcafe Mark. I have followed you on an other site and I have loved reading about your journey. You are a true inspiration! Keep on the good work.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Mark as in Mark wrote:Thanks everyone for all the compliments. Just a bit more information about me. I just wear skirts and heels and when the weather gets cooler, I wear some hose as well. I don't wear dresses anymore, although I do own a few. My preference was more of the bodycon style. I even tried crossdressing (boobs, wigs, makeup) because my wife suggested that I try it. It just wasn't for me. I prefer the polo, skirt, and heels look. I do not intend to past as a woman. I'm actually a bit homophobic, which my wife thinks is funny. I am blessed have a somewhat thin build, although I do go to the gym about 3 times a week. I've been wearing skirts and heels to just about everywhere I go now for about 1-1/2 years. My skirt and shoe collection is pretty limited. I have 3 or 4 black and 3-4 navy skirts that are my typical work wear. I do have to wear a tie and jacket quite often to the office and most of my jackets are black and navy as well.

I live about 6 months a year in Germany and the other 6 in the USA as we have offices in both countries. I'm the engineering manager for a robotics firm. I am pretty high on the company ladder so either my co-workers accept me or just afraid to say anything. Overall, I have had more negative comments in the States than in Europe. Although I did go to the Lemans 24 hours race last June and the racing rednecks were a bit rude. I would not dare to wear a skirt or heels to a NASCAR event :shock:

Thanks again for all the nice compliments. If you want to know more just ask.
Welcome Mark, and good on you for sporting a tie at least sometimes. They do look businesslike, while being otherwise useless.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

JoePublic wrote:I prefer formal pencil skirts, though have a couple of jean skirts as well for the weekend. Have been toying with the idea of wearing one for dress down Friday, and asked my HR team about it. They wondered why and I said I find skirts more comfortable, I thought about kilts but they are way too costly and need lots of looking after.
I'm wondering what the final upshot from your HR team was.

I rapidly began wearing ties a lot more when I started wearing skirts to work regularly. It just felt more work-like, if you know what I mean.
Daryl...
Keyworth

Post by Keyworth »

Hi Mark, I've just caught up with this thread and your style is great, a perfect balance of business attire with a feminine twist. A polo and bodycon style skirt are my favourite too, although I'm not as slim as you!! I also need to take the plung and buy my first set of heels, I just need to get the confidence to buy some! I would love some like your red or black pairs but I'd have to start with a lower heel, and hope someone makes them in a wide fitting UK size 10! :lol:

I'm lucky that my wife accepts my clothing choices although she doesn't want to see me dressed up nor does she really encourage me or take me shopping (but then she's a tomboy anyway so doesn't do dresses, skirts, shoes and anything very feminine other than underwear so she has little idea about female styling anyhow!), so you are very, very fortunate to have a partner who'll support you in the way yours seems to.

Anyway thanks for pushing the boundaries and maybe one day I'll be able to follow in your footsteps....
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mark as in Mark wrote:My wife has always had fantasies about being with a another woman, so I just I kinda fill her needs. So I have only gone out in public with her. Most of the time we just go out to eat or see a movie. Yep, she is great and I am very lucky. I have been told to be careful that she may leave me for a real women.
Do, did you start wearing skirts strictly for your own reasons, and then your wife decided she liked it?

Or did she suggest it, and then you tried it, and then you decided you liked it?

Do you think you'd ever have started wearing skirts if not for her?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

Last edited by JoePublic on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

JoePublic

You would love a guy who used to post here called Kilty. He was also into pencil skirts (always pencil skirts), the odd reference to tights, and wore both to work. He also referenced the same pencil skirt pic as you - coincidence or what?Funnily enough, he disappeared off this board just as you appeared. Shame, that; you would have had a lot in common with him.
JoePublic

Post by JoePublic »

Last edited by JoePublic on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

You sense wrongly, my friend :-)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

JoePublic wrote:...I sense you are unemployed and jealous of me for not only having work, but fairly flexible employers. You could always move to south London like me if you have nothing better to do than look out for enemies, real or imagined. Did you get out the wrong side of bed this morning?

I have no idea who you are, and personally don't wish to know what your agenda is, this conversation ends here. Bye bye, Ray.
Huh?

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Deleted
Last edited by Kilty on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

kilty wrote:I don't often post here as allegedly "my credibility is shot" but it doesn't really matter to me anyway. I have other interests outside the forum. It is a shame if people are driven off by "haters", and topics descend into flame wars....
Kilty - as you well know, you were rightly criticised for posting highly suspect accounts (both on this forum and on the High Heels forum) about wearing skirts to your work place and attempting to back up those stories with photos purportedly of yourself wearing those skirts, but which in fact were photos of women lifted of the internet, cropped to just show the lower half of their bodies and, in at least one case, ineptly 'photoshopped' to darken the skin of their legs.

It wasn't a case of people here being 'haters'. It was simply that you were being dishonest about yourself and the photos, and you didn't like it when your deception was uncovered.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Stevie D wrote:It wasn't a case of people here being 'haters'. It was simply that you were being dishonest about yourself and the photos, and you didn't like it when your deception was uncovered.
Thanks for calling it out Stevie.

Being called "haters" here was merely a needless insult. In point of fact we've bent over backwards trying to help this individual learn an important life-lesson and have received nothing but disrespect and deceit in return. The old USENET term of "*plonk*" could well apply at this point, and would have entirely likely already been applied by less understanding and/or tolerant types than we have here.

The fact that Ray picked up on the ruse isn't surprising; I'd picked it up a very long time ago as we have two "individuals" registered who have virtually identical writing styles and tempers and who tend to post from the same IP address:

Code: Select all

mysql> select distinct u.username from phpbb_posts p join phpbb_users u on p.poster_id=u.user_id where p.poster_ip='re.da.ct.ed';
+-----------+
| username  |
+-----------+
| kilty     |
| JoePublic |
+-----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> 
Coincidence?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Sorry, all, if I'm stirring things by inferring things - but one of the most important things on this board is authenticity. I'm in awe of Stevie, JeffB, Carl, OldSalt, Mike, Dave (pdx), Moon, Caultron, and many others for going out and being visibly authentic - more than I can - even if I may disagree strongly with some on non-fashion issues (and sometimes also on fashion issues!) . I retain a deep respect for them as they are authentic. It's easy to fool us on this board - I think we all crave validation in what we do, and reading stories of real life experiences which we aspire to experience ourselves can be inspirational. We want the stories to be true. They give us hope.

However, when the story comes crashing down, it pulls the rug from under our feet and we start to question what really is authentic on the net, or on this forum. That seeds doubt; it erodes confidence. That's why I don't like duplicity, deception or being led astray. I'll call it out.

Back to the original post. Mark - as in Mark - I love your aesthetic, boldness, and bravery. It's such a sharp look.