Couple Withdraw Their Son From School

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Couple Withdraw Their Son From School

Post by jeanfor »

This is the comment I put on one of the YouTube videos:

Skirts and dresses have nothing to do with gender. If I remember well the first Christians did not wear pants but robes or dresses. In fact there is a stained glass picture of one of the disciples in our Church and he is wearing a green dress..... If you knew the Bible you would know that there is a passage that talks about God skirt! Ezekeil 16:8 "Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou becamest mine."

Here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yPSBTXSGo&t=594s

Read the majority of the comments!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Reading the comments makes me wonder if evolution is actually making the human race LESS intelligent rather than more. I have rarely seen so much idiocity and drivel. It makes me despair. All over a piece of unconventional clothing. :(
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. AlbertEinstein (1879 - 1955) Physicist & Nobel Laureate.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I admit to only watching about half of the video...

I'm not sure how the school systems work over in the U.K., but I do know that over here stateside, frequently over the years the public school systems have run a foul of certain groups over the decades. The biggest one I know of would probably be the integration of whites and blacks in southern schools. During my lifetime however I recall the big thing being the instruction of sexual education and the distribution of condoms. I believe this type of snafu rears it's ugly head even to the present day, although the transgender thing, as well as inclusion of more and more LGB kids seems to be making more waves these days.

I know a lot of parents around here, in fact quite a few in my family opted to home school their children because they didn't/don't approve of the wicked ways of the public school system. The parents who do this are required to fulfill the same state education level that the child would have received in the public school system. Some parents choose to send their kids of private or Christian schools for this same reason.

It's not that I have an issue with the parents taking their kid out of the school system, because I don't. This type of thing happens here all the time for various reasons, not the least of which is the secular nature of the public school system. What I'm taking issue with is why is it such a big deal? Okay, mom and dad have an issue with the schools handling of a trans-kid, mom and dad take Junior out of school and put him somewhere else where can be properly indoctrinated in the ways of conservatism.... happens all the time here, never front page news though....

I'm not saying I agree with the parents position, nor would I take my kid(s) out of such a school system, rather if my child has questions, I'd answer them as best I could, giving respect and teaching tolerance regarding the trans-kid to the best of my ability. Again, I just don't understand why everyone's making such a stink over it. Do U.K. parents have choices when it comes to what type of school their kids attend?

I agree the comments on the video are quite ugly and disheartening. Once again, mass media divides and conquers. People always gotta f___k with each other.... Can't nobody just leave people alone.... NOOOOOO!! Gotta get those 'pinions out on the net! "Well let me tell you what I think... blah blah blah blah....".... The parents got what they want, to be on a daytime talk show and preach their little sermon... mission accomplished. That's all this is about, it has nothing to do with kids, or parental rights, it's just the same old same old, "let me get on TV and go on and on about how righteous I am!"

I'm tellin ya... the best thing you can do in a situation like this is cut the cable! We need a good strong solar flare.... kinda thin the herd a little... :|

I'm not even going to bother commenting on the youtube site... too much Kool-Aid being served at that table!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:Reading the comments makes me wonder if evolution is actually making the human race LESS intelligent rather than more.
This has been well put by others better than I can do, so here's what wiser folks think: "The amount of intelligence in the universe is finite. The population is expanding." Do the math.

Thank goodness there are little pockets when intelligence holds some sway.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I wonder if I got the terminology right-Gender Role Policing?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:I wonder if I got the terminology right-Gender Role Policing?
Only if it's far right.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote:The BBC radio programme "Thought for the Day" has broadcast a thoughtful and sympathetic piece on this subject from Professor Tina Beattie. At last, someone from the religious community who is prepared to stand up in public and point out that such prejudice and bigotry cannot be justified by religion and is not supported by the Bible.
This is very nice to see and hear about, but one must wonder whether she's howling at the moon, cold and alone in winter.

The problem has never been, per se, religion, but rather the extremists who think they're practising it. Worse is that those extremists are able to control the minds and actions of those who have been taught to never question things.
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

pelmut wrote:The BBC radio programme "Thought for the Day" has broadcast a thoughtful and sympathetic piece on this subject from Professor Tina Beattie. At last, someone from the religious community who is prepared to stand up in public and point out that such prejudice and bigotry cannot be justified by religion and is not supported by the Bible.
Here's the link - I don't know if this available to people outside the UK though.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05g26ry

'Thought for the Day' is broadcast Monday - Friday at around 07:50 local UK time on BBC Radio 4. It is a two-and-a-half minute quiet reflection on social and philosophical issues affecting us today, written and spoken by an invited guest speaker. It forms part of the long-running Radio 4 'Today' programme, a highly respected news and current affairs programme aired 06:00 - 09:00 Monday - Friday, 07:00 - 09:00 Sat.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Stevie D wrote:Here's the link - I don't know if this available to people outside the UK though.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05g26ry
Big bummer. "This content is not available in your location."

Drat. I would have liked hearing that.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I just realized from another thread in the "news and advocacy" board that the holier than thou parents are suing?

Well, that changes my thoughts on the matter to a degree. I guess that's what I get for not reading an article through... but in my defense, it's just getting so hard for me to subject my brain to this steady diet of nonsense on the internet, I loose interest pretty fast when I see it starts to go down the route of the usual self righteous crap.

Well, I really don't know what to make of it. My opinion on the matter won't amount to much anyway. Naturally I'd say the parents need to get a grip, but that doesn't stand a snow balls chance in hell of happening. I do wonder how the U.K.'s legal system is set up for such a thing...

I would imagine here stateside such a suit would be dismissed pretty quickly even in traditional/conservative areas, as the court would rightfully see the school really is over a barrel on this one. Let the kid wear dresses, get sued by the bigots, tell the boy to "act like a boy" and fun afoul of the equality laws you all have over there, and likewise get sued by the trans-kids parents... it's a good old fashioned "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

Curious, what's with all the anti-LGBT stuff coming out of the U.K. lately?? Everyone I correspond with from that area seems so progressive, but then the news and various commenters on social media make the area seem like one big Mississippi.... Come on guys... lets not revert to the dark ages here... You're like the United States older brother, we look to you for guidance on how to treat people. So much coolness has come from the U.K., the "British Revolution", Wicca, KILTS, just to name a few... Don't turn into a big "southern state"... :bom:

Before you know it you'll be crawling with old trailer parks, double wides, Mountain Dew, pregnant 14 year olds, etc...

You don't want all of that noise...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Sinned wrote:Reading the comments makes me wonder if evolution is actually making the human race LESS intelligent rather than more. I have rarely seen so much idiocity and drivel. It makes me despair. All over a piece of unconventional clothing. :(
Unintellectual drivel, they can not even speak fluently.
We really should not mind these type of people as it makes them small and stupid in most peoples eyes and gives more news to the fact that things are changing. Men are starting to wear skirts. For most of us on here wearing a skirt is not a transgender thing, but men in skirts is more likely to be in the news more often. Its a good thing.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Apparently this is the extremist group that is manipulating them:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Concern
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

hairy wrote:We really should not mind these type of people as it makes them small and stupid in most peoples eyes and gives more news to the fact that things are changing...
You better mind those people... don't get complacent! We thought we were progressing too... then you saw what happened here! We are on a fast track back to one nine five zero.... or eighteen sixty one... Take your pick...

Stupidity is like a virus, it spreads on fear and infects many it touches, and stupid people still vote!

Beware!
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote:Apparently this is the extremist group that is manipulating them: Christian Concern
And this lot differs from the Taleban or ISIS precisely how?

The problem isn't religion and never has been. The problem is extremism and the need to control all aspects of others' lives and bend them to your will. These types are dangerous to societies and need to be corralled into places where they can't do damage. The question is, "How?"