Sainsbury's stretch skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Sainsbury's stretch skirt

Post by mugman »

This morning I picked up a skirt at Sainsbury's. It has no labels apart from a 'Tu' brand hanging loop, but I would say it is a stretchy soft synthetic something. Very stretchy, which is great for me as I often have to climb over my raised garden railway at a couple of places along the line, and ordinary knee length skirts don't allow this without danger of trapping my knees inside the skirt and limiting agility. It looks like a wrap around but isn't - the front 'overlap' is simply a sewn in fold. Two large pockets. It's warm and very comfortable for these chillier early Autumnal mornings. I like it. £16 at Sainsbury's UK. Pete
Last edited by mugman on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sainsbury's stretch skirt

Post by Gusto10 »

no picture visible and based on the description I can't figure out online which it might be.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

You can see it here, green 'Wrapped A line skirt'. The colour wouldn't be my first choice but that's what it comes in.
https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/c/w ... =1&size=24

I've removed the photobucket upgrade message on original post.
Pete
Last edited by mugman on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Photo bucket is now finished unless you pay BIG money to upgrade, you may well be able to see than for a while. but no one else can
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

How very inconvenient. Never mind, the photo doesn't matter as I've provided a link to the skirt online. Pete
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Good score for the sixteen quid, Pete. Stretchy material makes a big difference in wearability, and in this case it's a good thing if you're moving around in your railway setup.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I use IMJUR.COM it is free and is very easy to use for all of my photo sharing. It would be nice to see some photos of you railway too.

The skirt looks comfortable and is something I would wear.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Let's see if this works...if so, thanks for the advice Fred

The necessary agility is required as shown to the left in the photo below. I'll sort out some railway photos for the off topic section - when I get a minute. Also I'll try to reduce the size of these things. Nothing's straightforward, is it?

OK, sorry about all these edits but I think we've got there by reducing photos on coraldraw before uploading to imgur.

Pete
Last edited by mugman on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Yep. That works. It looks like a good workable skirt, too!

More small-scale railways! :D
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Skirt looks good.

John
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Glad to help with advice for picture posting. I like the skirt too. See my post on your other topic about the railway.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The skirt looks good and I have a couple in that style from ASDA. BTW I quite like the Denim Embroidered Mini and the and the blue gingham skirt. Prices more reasonable at 9 quid as well. Unfortunately we don't shop at Sainsburys.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Nice skirt, Pete. Don't see anything wrong with the colour, but I like green.

A couple of weeks ago I had to buy a few things on my way home from work so I went into a Sainsbury's and decided while I was there to see if they had any decent skirts. Came away with a short burnt-orange one in a stretchy fabric which had been reduced from £14 by 70% to £4.20. Not sure why they were selling it off cheap at the end of summer, as it seemed to me to be more one to wear with tights in the cooler times of year. Also the stuff left in sales is mostly the smallest and the largest sizes, so finding something I liked and as cheap as that in a 12 was a pleasant surprise.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

mugman wrote:Let's see if this works...if so, thanks for the advice Fred

The necessary agility is required as shown to the left in the photo below. I'll sort out some railway photos for the off topic section - when I get a minute. Also I'll try to reduce the size of these things. Nothing's straightforward, is it?

OK, sorry about all these edits but I think we've got there by reducing photos on coraldraw before uploading to imgur.

Pete
The skirt looks good, and so does the railway.

John
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Thanks John. I'm constantly keeping an eye on new product at other stores but Sainsburys seems to have more of what I would feel comfortable wearing. I picked up another kilt style skirt a week ago in a green imitation 'tartan'. They're obviously of little appeal women though as their stock hasn't moved in weeks now.
Pete