Interesting sarong store!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Interesting sarong store!

Post by Raakone »

Well, there's a Sri Lankan store that's redefining the sarong. https://www.lovisarongs.com/ I like their ideas, especially of making pockets standard. With the exception of the "Mermaid" sarongs, they don't seem that pricey, either (make sure to select USD....or Euro, GBP, or AUD, because by default it shows Sri Lankan Rupee)

And they show men in them in some pictures, and in practical situations.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Interesting sarong store!

Post by Freedomforall »

Very nice find! Thank you for sharing!
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

New Wrap Skirt

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I contacted a tailor and asked if they would make a wrap skirt. I have not found any wrap skirts in any stores, therefore I went looking for someone who could make one. I brought an example (a towel wrap with velcro) to show how I wanted elastic in the back half and velcro in front. I also brought a skirt with the dimensions of waist, length, and waist. I said I wanted a cylinder with a bunched up elastic waist. I went to pick it up and tried it on. It looked way to feminine with flair at the hem. I said I wanted it to look like I was wearing shorts and it was too long. He will bring in the skirt flair and shorten it to just above the knees. A friend of ours mother likes to sew. I brought a piece of yardage and the measurements and a drawling of a very simple wrap skirt. What I got back was a pencil skirt that narrowed at the hem. I don't know why no one can make a wrap skirt to fit a man. The tailor should be done by Wednesday, so we will see how it looks.

I wear skirts for hiking on trails in national parks. I want a wrap skirt to be easier to put on and take off while wearing hiking boots.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Raakone I just ordered 2 sarongs and will keep you posted!
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Goodluck FreedomForAll
FrostedTheFlake

Post by FrostedTheFlake »

Raakone wrote:Well, there's a Sri Lankan store that's redefining the sarong. https://www.lovisarongs.com/ I like their ideas, especially of making pockets standard. With the exception of the "Mermaid" sarongs, they don't seem that pricey, either (make sure to select USD....or Euro, GBP, or AUD, because by default it shows Sri Lankan Rupee)

And they show men in them in some pictures, and in practical situations.
I may have to get that tuxedo sarong!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I ordered two sarongs and a shirt. They are very nice . All the staff of Lovi are very nice to deal with. They did not have a shirt in my size. I have a 44 chest and 32 waist. They took the time to make me a shirt for my measurements. They also, kept me posted on the status of my order every step. I will post pictures soon.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Nice. So, which sarongs did you get? Can't wait to see pictures!