parents

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
eightofnine

parents

Post by eightofnine »

My parents don't like it when i wear a skirt so i mostly stick to my room ,well recently I've been wearing a skirt around them and seeing if they notice or react .I've worn a couple of mini skirts really short ones and neither mum or dad have said anything to me .Today i wore a skirt a little long and was washing dishes was talking to mum when she said " whats this " came up behind and grabbed the back of my skirt .She left to go for a nap but i think she won't be happy hopefully we can have a nice chat and i can explain i wore this and no one said anything
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: parents

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It is a little short for me but it looks good on you. Since I am 75 I don't wear skirts that short. By the way you need to even up the tan on your legs or wear stockings, as the tan line is stark. :lol:
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

eightofnine wrote:My parents don't like it when i wear a skirt so i mostly stick to my room ,well recently I've been wearing a skirt around them and seeing if they notice or react .I've worn a couple of mini skirts really short ones and neither mum or dad have said anything to me .Today i wore a skirt a little long and was washing dishes was talking to mum when she said " whats this " came up behind and grabbed the back of my skirt .She left to go for a nap but i think she won't be happy hopefully we can have a nice chat and i can explain i wore this and no one said anything
With that level of tolerance from your parents, I'd say the battle's mostly won. Rock on!

Have you worn a skirt outside the house? How did that go?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

Caultron wrote:
eightofnine wrote:My parents don't like it when i wear a skirt so i mostly stick to my room ,well recently I've been wearing a skirt around them and seeing if they notice or react .I've worn a couple of mini skirts really short ones and neither mum or dad have said anything to me .Today i wore a skirt a little long and was washing dishes was talking to mum when she said " whats this " came up behind and grabbed the back of my skirt .She left to go for a nap but i think she won't be happy hopefully we can have a nice chat and i can explain i wore this and no one said anything
With that level of tolerance from your parents, I'd say the battle's mostly won. Rock on!

Have you worn a skirt outside the house? How did that go?
I have a couple of times that's how my parents found out ,i took a bus ride to a local mall and came home .There was some local kids who saw me on my way to the bus stop .One of them knows my mum so she got told that way .This was a few years ago .Had a talk with my parents about it which caught me off guard i didn't explain it very well .I think i said i like wearing skirts .Today was the first time she has seen me wearing a skirt .well noticed me wearing one
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Be open about it and explain to your parents what is behind your skirtwearing. I think their main fear will be what the neighbo(u)rs wil say and/or think. In time a lot of their fears will evaporate.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

That's a nice outfit, I second what Fred said, it's a tad short for me personally, but I think you look fine. Might want whiten the bottom or tan the top of the leg, either or... to eliminate the tan line. :wink:

Good for you regarding the parents. Sounds like you're on the downhill run now!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

update

my parents are ok with me wearing a skirt ,i used to just wear one in my room and change when my parents were at home .Now i walk about the house (I don't go out much)as soon as i a come home from work i change into a skirt and t-shirt. The only problem was when my parents were babysitting before id got in the door my mum asked meas a favour to wear pants as she didn't want to explain to them ,i said id think about it but in the end just wore pjs .Other family have visited but no one pays any attention to what i am wearing or makes any comments which is what i really want . I am a lot more comfortable and more confident being around people .
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I'm glad things are going well and improving, eightofnine. Rock on!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

Nice work eightofnine. Having gone through the family reveal recently, I know how nerve racking it can be. In my case, the neighbourhood spy network seemed to have been on vacation for my initial outings, because my mum realized by herself that I was wearing a skirt rather than being told by someone else, her reaction was priceless. My family have been awesome about it.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Glad things are going well! You can't go wrong with denim or a plain colour (black/navy/grey) pencil skirt as well. Perhaps a slightly longer knee-length might help?
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Too short when you know parents don't like you skirted at all. If you wore skirt of at least 14inch around people then that should be accepted.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I personally think the length is fine if you can develop an even skin tone.
At least you are starting young, even if it takes a while to go public. Getting parents and family acceptance is important because you care about them, public acceptance is different because it really doesn't matter what they think.
hairy wrote:Too short when you know parents don't like you skirted at all. If you wore skirt of at least 14inch around people then that should be accepted.
That can be a good strategy for getting acceptance; go to an extreme and revert to something more moderate.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

todays outfit ,i like to go bike riding that's why my knees were a different colour .
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

8of9, the look is fine - you can't go wrong with a denim skirt of ( almost ) any length. The legs look a more even colour and you shouldn't raise any eyebrows out and about.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

A fine look, 8/9, but not one I'd choose for a bike ride in this weather!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair