Wow, why didn't I think of this before.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Wow, why didn't I think of this before.

Post by Gordon »

I have to share and maybe it could help you too.

While shopping at my local Value Village (2nd hand shop) on Friday I had a brilliant thought that I hadn't had before. I have a large waist and so while I was going down the isle towards the section for my size I passed a skirt that caught my eye in a smaller size that was pleated and made out of a lovey paisley fabric. I pulled it off the rack just to admire it. Lovely I thought, too bad it's not my size. Just as I was putting it back I recognized how it flares out nicely and is in fact too long for the type of skirt I would normally wear. Wow, could I cut the top part off and redo the waist band to accommodate my waist? I folded the top part of the skirt down and then held the skirt to my waist and thought; yes I could. Wow, why hadn't I though of this before? I ended up buying 3 skirts that are too small for me, but flare out nicely. I'm not the best seamstress, but I can do that. I usually wear tops that hang over i.e. not tucked in anyway.

My wife said, don't you have enough skirts? I said no. How many is enough anyway?
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wow, why didn't I think of this before.

Post by Gregg1100 »

Nobody can have enough skirts. The girls don't wear them much anymore, so we will have them. :D :D
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wow, why didn't I think of this before.

Post by Sinned »

I suppose that if the skirt is long enough and has enough flare then there's no reason why the top waist bit can't be trimmed off and another waist band sewn on in order to make the skirt fit. I think that I'll look for some possibilities. Great idea.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.