Knee length skirt from Amazon

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Knee length skirt from Amazon

Post by photoguy207 »

I bought this skirt the other day on Amazon for $16.99 with free shipping using Prime, it arrived today.

I love it and just bought the black one which will be here monday! Check it out, its cheap, nice and so comfortable. I got the XXX-L and I usually wear a size 16 or 18.

I posted a photo looking down the skirt.(forgive my footwear)

https://www.amazon.com/Relipop-Women-Fl ... lipop&th=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Knee length skirt from Amazon

Post by Freedomforall »

Looks nice. Would love to see a photo from the front.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Here are more photos. Still not the right shoes, but all I had at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Brilliant---I like these. Also the dresses of same type and colours.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A good look. The boots go well with the skirt and the top brings out the similar colour in the skirt. Apart from the fact that I haven't got my head around men wearing floral designs yet then that's my problem but there's no reason why that getup isn't acceptable. Flowers are just a design right and not the exclusive domain of the other sex. That's what I keep telling myself. Well done.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Thank you! I am not a big fan of floral designs either on men's skirts, but wanted to check one out because I loved this skirt so much. My black one arrives today. I will post photos of this one too.

I love the felling of the fabric as I walk. Guys have no idea what they are missing by only wearing pants!!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Very nice outfit!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Not my style but a lovely skirt. However the boots are way too heavy for a light skirt. Looks like you're wearing wellies - not a good combo unless you're a Glasto dude. Bring back the sandals!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Ray wrote:Not my style but a lovely skirt. However the boots are way too heavy for a light skirt. Looks like you're wearing wellies - not a good combo unless you're a Glasto dude. Bring back the sandals!
My sister would wear a skirt and heavy boots like that..... but then she goes to Glasto almost every year and seems to model the rest her fashion on it :lol:

Whilst it's sometimes good to get ideas off other people, at the end of the day it's ones own fashion and that's all that really counts. An issue I appreciate for many men is being able to source nice footwear for larger feet sizes, so it is perhaps a little harsh to judge when someone may or may not have a lot of options.

As my fashion tastes go, I actually think the flat sandals are somewhat too casual for such a classic style of skirt. Either a heeled court shoe or close fitting heeled ankle boot would probably enhance the appearance of it more.

Don't feel discouraged from wearing your skirt with the long boots there photoguy. Perhaps we might get to see the whole outfit too sometime.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

That's a fair comment. My views should - like any views - be received in a wider context and with not too much weight placed on them.

I'd agree with the court shoe idea.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Just to be contrary as usual I think that the boots look ok with the skirt but not for summer though. Autumn/winter maybe. A more formal shoe for summer agreed. Open-toed or court perhaps, not too much of a heel. As they say the flowers are growing on me but maybe not yet.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I don't usually like longer or flowered skirts . This I would consider a Maxi skirt not a knee length . This looks good but you cant put delicate shoes with it . If the boots you wore were all black that would be perfect.
again very nice outfit stick with the black boots
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Cool! Looking at the link you provided, it looks as though there are some other cool patterns to choose from too!

Curious, is the waist stretchy (elastic) or rigid? I may look into getting something like that myself but wonder how strict the sizing needs to be.
Also, is there a zipper? I generally don't like skirts with a side zipper.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

moonshadow wrote:
Curious, is the waist stretchy (elastic) or rigid? I may look into getting something like that myself but wonder how strict the sizing needs to be.
Also, is there a zipper? I generally don't like skirts with a side zipper.
it has a back zipper and there is elastic in the waist band. But with the stretcher waist, you might not even need to use the zipper.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

oldsalt1 wrote: This looks good but you cant put delicate shoes with it . If the boots you wore were all black that would be perfect.
again very nice outfit stick with the black boots

OS I disagree. It all depends on the overall look. If the shirt/top were of a "delicate' nature then it would be ok.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon