Zippers

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
stevelous

Re: Zippers

Post by stevelous »

Personally I hate zippers below the waist. They can be a source of embarrassment when they open on their own, fail without warning and can cause somd rather painful injuries. I much prefer an elasticated waist band or belt.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

stevelous wrote:Personally I hate zippers below the waist. They can be a source of embarrassment when they open on their own, fail without warning and can cause somd rather painful injuries. I much prefer an elasticated waist band or belt.
Hum, I've never experienced any of those things.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Buy cheap clothing with zippers who have a cyclic use record (number of times the zipper zips up and down the track before failure) or the hidden zipper
sewn with cheap thread that unravels as it zips or gets run over causes the zipper to jam in mid zip (Oh how I hate that when that happens - it is either
can't get into the skirt or perhaps worse yet can't get out).
Best with metal zippers to get the one with the metal tab just below the tongue that LOCKS the zipper when the tongue is depressed flat.
These are essential in the rear center seam placement and are not prone to opening unexpectedly while performing plumbing jobs (visible crack).
Big BOLD YKK zippers made of plastic are great as long as they aren't over stressed. These usually have an large ring as the tongue making zipping a
breeze and the teeth don't have that fine spacing to snag and nip things as metal zippers do.
Plastic zippers do have their vulnerable moments - get near heat and they melt.
The coil spring type (a larger scale of the hidden zip and exposed) getting these off track takes quite an effort.
Although when used on luggage a skilled thief can pry open the zip without damage and remove the pilfered goods and restoring the zip to its original
condition without a hint of the breach - and you thought that that lock on the zipper was keeping the luggage contents secure.
The trick here is the zipper self heals itself as it opens and closes.

Zippers the next best thing to an elastic waist pull on garment. Better than buttons; bows and strings.

But as noted beware of the metal ones - surgical cutting and nipping of pieces and parts when closing with random abandon - take care now !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !