Skirts to Shorts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts to Shorts

Post by Daryl »

We've had some discussions here recently about the heat wave rebellion where men and boys are donning skirts to pressure their employers to permit them to wear shorts. I thought this NYT article from June did a pretty good treatment of the phenomenon, including its ramifications for men who just want to wear skirts. Some snippets:

"they reveal our own strange prejudices against men in shorts, and our growing level of comfort with men in skirts. That’s a pretty notable development."

"After all, though the shorts protesters were not suggesting that they wanted to wear skirts as a rule, the ease with which they adopted the garment, and the geniality of the reaction to their sartorial statement, certainly suggested a breaking down of traditional dress prejudice."
Daryl...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts to Shorts

Post by Grok »

I just realized...boys wearing skirts that resemble the coxtars of Guatemala.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Daryl wrote:We've had some discussions here recently about the heat wave rebellion where men and boys are donning skirts to pressure their employers to permit them to wear shorts. I thought this NYT article from June did a pretty good treatment of the phenomenon, including its ramifications for men who just want to wear skirts. Some snippets:

"they reveal our own strange prejudices against men in shorts, and our growing level of comfort with men in skirts. That’s a pretty notable development."

"After all, though the shorts protesters were not suggesting that they wanted to wear skirts as a rule, the ease with which they adopted the garment, and the geniality of the reaction to their sartorial statement, certainly suggested a breaking down of traditional dress prejudice."
Time will tell whether the NYT is right
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Grok wrote:I just realized...boys wearing skirts that resemble the coxtars of Guatemala.
Now that is what I call a difficult reference!

From the front those skirts look pretty basic; a slightly A-shaped plaid skirt. Masculine.
Daryl...