It's So HOT that I.........

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Regular Guy

It's So HOT that I.........

Post by Regular Guy »

Go ahead folks fill in the blank!!

For me,
its so HOT i gave up wearing pantyhose with skirts. Even the hold ups are almost too warm.

Wadda bout you ?
RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: It's So HOT that I.........

Post by crfriend »

Regular Guy wrote:For me, its so HOT i gave up wearing pantyhose with skirts. Even the hold ups are almost too warm.
I'm of an age where I think that bare legs look at best "unfinished" and at worst "trashy" so that puts me at a distinct disadvantage in this argument. So, here it was here slated to get to about 90 (F) today and I opted for fishnets instead of opaques or sheers. "Fishies" do offer a larger exposed skin area so help dumping excess heat overboard, but even they oddly have insulation value, likely by way of disrupting the boundary-layer of air around the legs. (When it tops 90, even I concede defeat and wear the briefest sort of lightweight socks that keep skin off shoes and go bare-legged -- and it's been a very long time indeed since my legs actually looked good without some sort of covering.)

The look today was my yellow mini, a dark red silk blouse with sheer sleeves, my purple waistcoat, purple fishnets, and black shoes.

With that, I had a reasonably nice conversation with a chap who was smoking a butt outside my local when I arrived who asked, "Why?" and I told him that the rig was cooler than trousers and w heck of a lot more comfortable. I was more interested in the fact that the ash-can was smouldering than anything else and after pleasantries were exchanged went inside to order dinner and a Guinness and alert the bartender to the pending problem outside.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

During my recent vacation while in Las Vegas I did go out into the 100 degree weather with thigh-highs on one evening. I don't really think it made much difference in that heat.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Regular Guy wrote:Go ahead folks fill in the blank!!

For me,
its so HOT i gave up wearing pantyhose with skirts. Even the hold ups are almost too warm.

Wadda bout you ?
RG
If I was wear pantyhose then I might as well wear trousers.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Stopped and got an extra case of beer. :lol:

I'll never give up pantyhose - even when it's hot, they wick away the moisture... seriously, my legs are usually more comfortable than my arms.
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I can cope with tights or pantyhose in hot weather because my skirt provides good ventillation and I figure I'm still better off than people I see wearing jeans and other full-length trousers.

Usually, though, I do go without in summer just because they're not a summer style. It'd be like wearing a sweater or sweatshirt or stocking cap, no matter how lightweight.

Odd, though: there I am walking around in a skirt and heels and worrying about what people would think of my tights. I guess sometimes we're not as rational as we think.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Mike wrote:Stopped and got an extra case of beer. :lol:

I'll never give up pantyhose - even when it's hot, they wick away the moisture... seriously, my legs are usually more comfortable than my arms.
Just remember that you've had too much beer when you run out.....And I've been out for a long time......
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

It's so hot that I...

Have markedly increased the consumption of Radler.

Lager style beer with grapefruit, highly recommended as a Summer drink. Usually fairly low alcohol, very refreshing. Rickards makes a nice one, but if you can find it, Brewhouse is excellent!

On a separate not, my legs have finally achieved sufficient colour that I don't feel they look weird without hosiery.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

....have had to wear this really short skirt just to keep cool ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Too short for me, but not a bad look on you.

The pattern on the skirt (what little of it there is) is interesting.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Great to see and read your post again. At first glance I thought you had a Star Trek top on!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Welcome back SD, it's nice to see your smiling face once again. Still wearing those muted coloured skirts, I see. If the weather down there is anything like up here then you'll be cooooollllll. :D

PS I love the skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

A big welcome back SD. Nice to see you once again. I like the skirt too, a little short for me but you wear it well.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

YES - a big WELCOME Back ! ! ! ! !

Short skirt ? - never too short if you can fit into it and wear it !

? The two black pouches with the belt something with the skirt or other ?
Noticed you have a cross shoulder bag - you are packing a lot of pocket power to the outfit.

Can't say enough how great it is to have you back and posting !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Good to see you back, SD