It's So HOT that I.........

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Uncle Al

Re: It's So HOT that I.........

Post by Uncle Al »

It's So HOT that I.........

Stay inside with the A/C and don't go out unless
I absolutely have to. :mrgreen:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I love summer time, for the fact that I and other people can wear summer clothing. The women look better is summer dresses etc than they do in their winter wear that is for sure. I love to watch the young ones, and yes, I guess that would mean I'm "a dirty old man". But in looking it's the beauty of the female form, and that I'm envious of their ability to wear anything that they want. Oh to be young again. I would definitely have done a few things differently. :D
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Well, here in Melbourne it is so cold,unusually we have had temperatures overnight down to below 0, no short skirts here.

John
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

SkirtsDad wrote:....have had to wear this really short skirt just to keep cool ;-)
That is a great summer mini.
As I have said; the higher the temperature, the higher the hemline. That skirt is for a 36C day. We had 48C last summer ............. no-one commented but then no-one was out and about.

Great to see skirtsdad again.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:It's so hot here I shower without using the "hot" water. Our water temperature is ideal as is. It is 122 F. now. Our kids used to fry eggs on manhole covers. Yes, it is that hot.
Ha ha, truly I have to run the cold water until it gets cool enough to get under.
We used to fry eggs on the Landrover bonnet which has an indentation for the spare wheel - the quick detachable radiator grill was ideal for frying the chops and the flat doors used as a table.
Reminds me of that skit ......... luxury, luxury we lived in a paper bag .......
Last edited by denimini on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

denimini, are you referring to the Four Yorkshiremen sketch. For the few people on the earth that haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I was one of those people. Indeed brilliant. They are not making that anymore.
Here they project the word "funny" in a corner of the screen so people know. And laughing computers are not making it any funnier. Maybe it is me but the family is laughing and I'm sitting there with a stone face. Buster Keaton would have been proud of me. :roll:
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

beachlion, in a similar vein have you seen the Two Ronnies Four Candles sketch with it's genius on wordplay and sounds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu9MptWyCB8

If anyone can watch this sketch and not be in stitches after about twenty seconds then they are devoid of any sense of humour. It's as funny after the twentieth time as it is after the first. Incidentally, Ronnie Barker later rewrote the ending of the sketch, citing the reason as dissatisfaction with the obscurity and coarseness of the bill-hooks reference. He revealed in the last episode of The Two Ronnies Sketchbook in 2005 that, instead of another male shop assistant coming out and replacing Corbett, a voluptuous young lady would come out and say "Right then young man, what kind of knockers do you want?"
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:denimini, are you referring to the Four Yorkshiremen sketch. For the few people on the earth that haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
Yes, that's it - I couldn't remember the exact line.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

I also would like to say I'm glad to see you back, Skirtsdad.

John
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

JohnH wrote:I also would like to say I'm glad to see you back, Skirtsdad.

John
Thank you :-) This glorious weather has tempted me out of my shell a bit, so here's today's outfit:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

partlyscot wrote:It's so hot that I...

Have markedly increased the consumption of Radler.

Lager style beer with grapefruit, highly recommended as a Summer drink. Usually fairly low alcohol, very refreshing. Rickards makes a nice one, but if you can find it, Brewhouse is excellent!
We have different tastes. I like my beer to conform to the German regulation, Reinheitsgebot, where beer (bier) contains only water, hops, barley, and yeast. In the summer I like Pilsner lager but in the winter I like really hoppy IPA's.

John
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

JohnH wrote:...I like my beer to conform to the German regulation, Reinheitsgebot, where beer (bier) contains only water, hops, barley, and yeast...
Hear, hear! I'm into dark beer like ambers, browns, and porters from craft breweries with no fruit or chocolate or other weird stuff blended in.

Craft beer, IMHO, being the best thing that happened in the beer market for fifty years at least. The world needs more than just Bud Light, Miller Lite, and Coors Light.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Lots of mini breweries being set up in UK---hundreds of real ales about too. I also like the German lager beers, with no additives.
Years ago when I lived near Brighton, I drank Watneys Cream Label stout (black as your hat), mixed with Watneys Dark mild. Lovely smooth taste, but tended to make one a bit windy, lol.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

SkirtsDad wrote:
Thank you :-) This glorious weather has tempted me out of my shell a bit, so here's today's outfit:
Looking good there SD. I'd like to wear something like that but with my physic I'd probably clear the streets.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon