It's So HOT that I.........

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's So HOT that I.........

Post by SkirtsDad »

r.m.anderson wrote:YES - a big WELCOME Back ! ! ! ! !

? The two black pouches with the belt something with the skirt or other ?

Can't say enough how great it is to have you back and posting !
Firstly, thank you all for so many warm words, it was totally unexpected. I hope not to leave it so long the next time lol.

Yes, the black 'pouches' are part of the skirt and conceal a couple of usable pockets, although the actual opening is at the side as the button over flaps are just decorative.

It's good to be home :-) xx
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

It's so hot here I shower without using the "hot" water. Our water temperature is ideal as is. It is 122 F. now. Our kids used to fry eggs on manhole covers. Yes, it is that hot.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

That skirt looks a little shorter than mine so its the sort of length I'd keep for inside my garden.
BTW it's so lovely and hot recently that I've been able to get out on my motorbikes wearing my short skirts and getting a great tan on the thighs.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

SkirtsDad wrote:....have had to wear this really short skirt just to keep cool ;-)
You're back! Woohoo!

Welcome back. You've been missed.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Meanwhile, on topic - it's so hot that...I've just left a conference centre wearing shorts. And super sheer tights to give my legs that classy "finished" look. I would have preferred a skirt, but this was a business event.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

When I joined the cafe you were one of the first few photos that I saw . It is great to have you back You definitely have the legs for the micro's
GothScot

Post by GothScot »

Stick around to ze if tonight's ze night ze girls lose ze battle and take off all their clothe-zings!

YEAH! Cabaret reference!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

GothScot, I know that I am anyway. Currently laid out in very little typing this, the fan going wafting the warm air around. Going for a cool shower shortly. ( .... and stop calling me shortly. )
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Sinned wrote: ( .... and stop calling me shortly. )
Better to be called shortly than to be damned like Skippy. (I.E. Damn Skippy)
jolt_34500

Post by jolt_34500 »

Here in Northern New England, we haven't seen too many days over 90 this year. We have had numerous days of very high humidity. As for tights or pantyhose, I haven't worn them much rhis summer with anything.I have worn the kilts many times in that weather and actually had many comments. The most interesting was I had to go to the store at around midnight or 0100 local time to get something, I work second shift, so those hours are not unusual for me. Wearing my blackwatch tartan, t-shirt and a pair of sandals as I entered the store, this other guy was leaving and he stopped turned and looked me up and down then left. The most positive comments is wear them to church in hot weather. The only thing is I can't wear them to work as I work around dangerous machinery that can catch material and I wish I could as there is no air conditioning in my work area.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Just strip off and get an all over tan. I love summer.
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

A lot of my back yard maintenance is done in the nud.if the heat is on...apart from a wide brimmed hat of course. A few cool showers breaks up the day nicely. That also includes garden model railroading, with a beer or two at hand. It's a shame I daren't treat the front garden in the same way, so either shorts (wash my mouth out) or a slightly short skirt has to suffice.
Pete
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

It's gotten so hot here in Portland that I go about my day in sleeveless, lightweight dresses, shapewear panties, no hose and sandals.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It has been so HOT here in the sunny South that I have been wearing a tank top and a short skirt ( hem is just above the knees) Rather than my regular slightly below the knee skirts I normally wear. I also normally wear "T"'s and other pull over tops but in this heat no way. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Not really hot here in Seattle, but I am showing more shoulder than I normally would.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo