Polie stopped me AGAIN last night

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Polie stopped me AGAIN last night

Post by Stu »

Hairy - I sent you a PM. :D

Stu
neiljerram

Post by neiljerram »

hairy wrote: I think that as my wife say's people are going to look when they see a man in a skirt, so its not really unexpected that police will want to ask questions when I'm out late at night skirted too. Just so long as they never ask if I'm a flasher or doing anything illegal. I'll be polite while they are.
Yes, it is unexpected. I've been going around skirted in London for a year or two now and have never been questioned by police. Let alone multiple times in a month. Someone has decided to hassle you, and it needs to be stopped.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I've been going out skirted again a few times, not seen a police car yet, but the taxi's seem to want to take a second look as they have turned around a couple of times and come back with headlights on me. Perhaps I should be brave and wear a mini skirt instead of the long wrap around thing, It sure would give them something to think about.
I do have to be careful because be cause its the time of year where youths start to hang about the streets late at night.
I'm just pleased NOT to see police car.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

hairy wrote:I'm just pleased NOT to see police car.
There's likely nothing you can do about the cabbies, but if you believe the police are targeting you for something unwarranted, walk into the local station -- wearing your skirt -- and request to see the Head Constable, the Chief, or Commissioner (whatever the local term is for "top dog" in the local force), state your case, and ask them to desist. Do not offer threat, just mention, "I'm getting tired of this unwarranted attention." If it persists, find someone in the legal profession who would be willing to assist you in pressing charges of harassment on the department.

As far as the cabbies go, you're entirely free to flip 'em the bird but that cheapens your position. Wave at them to dim their brights or to simply slow down; they'll likely get the message eventually.

You must live in an entirely uncivilised part of the UK if this is common behaviour. I'd only expect those sorts of shenanigans in the Deep South of the USA. (Sorry, Moon.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I am a retired officer. You need to get a body camera of some sort and record everything that happens. I would then consult with an attorney. This is totally unacceptable!!!
PM me if you have any questions!

DJ
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Freedomforall wrote:I am a retired officer. You need to get a body camera of some sort and record everything that happens. I would then consult with an attorney. This is totally unacceptable!!!
PM me if you have any questions!

DJ
Perhaps I paint a rather black picture of the UK police, there probably not as bad as many forces around the world. We do have a good bit of freedom to be ourselves here but there are times when they can be a little OTT.
We would find it rather difficult to go into stations and start talking to the top man as there just simply is not one and any complaints have to be formal. then things take their time. My being stopped a few times because the officers are having a quiet evening would not be very high on the police agenda, even if I don't like such attention.
I don't like being asked who I am or where I live, but it has always been very informal and the police have not even stepped out of their cars. I know cameras on the car were pointed at me but if I were to go pointing a body camera at them it would only make things worse, so as I don't wish to inflame things I'll just give a little grin and let them go about their work. I don't think there can be many countries where we can refuse to give our details with out getting in deeper trouble.
As much as I don't like being stopped its probably not such a bad thing given the climate with todays terrorism and the like. It would be easy to hide a nasty large gun under the long skirt.
Nothing I can do about those taxi's except maybe show em a leg in a mini and THEN let em see my full beard, but thinking on that I don't want to cause an accident.
Its a rather quiet road that I walk along and after midnight the street lights go out, so sometimes its prob a good thing the police drive past once in a while. I don't like it but we can't have everything we want in life.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I understand. It just makes me mad that you are even having to deal with that!
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

School is now out and the youths have taken over the roads, smashing, breaking and shouting their foul little mouths. I'd rather the police now but as usual they are no where to be seen. No midnight walks in a skirt for me right now.
jolt_34500

Post by jolt_34500 »

I haven't had too many encounters with police, sheriff's deputies, state police or game wardens here. The last time I was stopped was two or three years ago and for the dumbest thing, a burnt out registration plate light. The officer never asked me what I was wearing or why, where I was going or where I had been or anything. As of late because of the large tourist activity, they have been pretty busy with that and motorist traveling at speeds 40 to 50 mph above the posted limits so actually I haven't seen too many officers around.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

I went to the cash machine on Thursday morning wearing a skirt, a police van drove into the car park and I was walking back to the car one of the officers walked past me and exchanged good mornings wth me... :wink:
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Tackleberry wrote:I went to the cash machine on Thursday morning wearing a skirt, a police van drove into the car park and I was walking back to the car one of the officers walked past me and exchanged good mornings wth me... :wink:
I have never had a problem with the police or the local sheriffs when ever I run across one we always exchange greetings. Did have one stop and ask where I bought my skirt. We talked for about 10 minutes I think he was a closet skirt wearer. Because of the way he was eying my skirt.

Skirt on!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

The police have stopped going by so I've not been stopped, but now I seem to have a strange couple with 2 or 3 dogs following me about. They seem to hide away in bushes then quietly start walking where ever I'm going. The only know they are there is when the dogs bark at me. Its been a bit cold where I am lately but if I go for a walk tonight and they follow me I might confront them. What is it with people who can't leave others alone.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

hairy wrote:The police have stopped going by so I've not been stopped, but now I seem to have a strange couple with 2 or 3 dogs following me about. They seem to hide away in bushes then quietly start walking where ever I'm going. The only know they are there is when the dogs bark at me. Its been a bit cold where I am lately but if I go for a walk tonight and they follow me I might confront them. What is it with people who can't leave others alone.
Somebody is barking up the wrong tree - ah er skirt !
Must be a problem with female skirt owners/wearers giving the dogs treats - thus they follow expecting something from one who wears the skirt !
SKIRTS = TREATS !
I wear kilts skirts skorts and some other unbifurcated unmentionables and my dogs know who gives out the treats and serves up din-din !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

hairy wrote:The police have stopped going by so I've not been stopped, but now I seem to have a strange couple with 2 or 3 dogs following me about. They seem to hide away in bushes then quietly start walking where ever I'm going. The only know they are there is when the dogs bark at me. Its been a bit cold where I am lately but if I go for a walk tonight and they follow me I might confront them. What is it with people who can't leave others alone .
Try to take their pictures if they say anything just tell them you like dogs. Then if they keep up with the following you have something to show police. :P
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:The police have stopped going by so I've not been stopped, but now I seem to have a strange couple with 2 or 3 dogs following me about. They seem to hide away in bushes then quietly start walking where ever I'm going. The only know they are there is when the dogs bark at me. Its been a bit cold where I am lately but if I go for a walk tonight and they follow me I might confront them. What is it with people who can't leave others alone.
Just walk over to where they are and ask in a friendly voice, "Hi, how's it going?"
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron