What do your children think ?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What do your children think ?

Post by Rokje »

My wife and I don't have children but my brother has two, a boy and a girl. The boy is 15 and the girl is 17. They told me they like me wearing skirts. Even my sister in law likes me wearing a skirt. My brother didn't tell me anything about me wearing a skirt, he acts like it's business as usual.
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

My youngest son past away in 1994 and my older son past way a few years ago and my daughter has diabetes, with all the highs and lows that she has had it has affected her mine somewhat and now resides in a nursing home to get better care. She has seen me in a utility kilt and had a smile on her face. My grandkids has not said anything one way or the other. My OH kids and grandkids have not made any comments to me. I don't know if they have said anything to my OH, she has not said.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

My kids know and my youngest daughter is fully supportive of my skirts and dresses. My grand kids know as well and are also supportive. Isn't life grand?? :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Bikerkilt, how awful for you to lose two children. I lost my no 2 son to Leukaemia over 10 years ago and I don't think that we've really got over it. Life goes on, I know, but things just ain't the same somehow. My chidren know of my skirting and at best they tolerate it. What their real thoughts are they haven't said and I think that they say one thing to MOH and another thing to me. Or maybe MOH is not being entirely truthful and is stirring it. I don't know and I'm not sure that I want to know. One of my granddaughters lives with us at the moment and I think that she's seen me skirted so often that she just accepts the situation.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Gosh, bikerkilt, how terrible.

My three sons are 17, 19 and 21. They've had 7 years of me in skirts, and they don't mind now when we're at home. Girlfriends and other friends have seen me in skirts. None of them seem to have a problem with it, though there is often incredulity to start with. Son two's girlfriend has only ever seen me in skirts.

The older two are both away at university, and I have hardly ever worn a skirt when visiting them. TBH this is mostly due to the Mrs persuading me it was better to wear trousers. But I did wear one once and Son Two didn't seem to mind.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I'm so sorry for you Bikerkilt.

It's unnatural for parents to have to bury a child. The pain from burying two has to be excruciating!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.