Skirt Wanted

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt Wanted

Post by Gregg1100 »

If anyone sees a skirt like this, preferably in red, please let me know .
i have a black one, size 14- a 16 would be slightly better. It is 54cm from top of skirt to bottom hem. Mine has a Papaya label stitched to it, which in UK is Matalan. I have been all over their site. Pic is a bit small, not sure how to enlarge.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Wanted

Post by Sinned »

I don't know Gregg but I do like it even in that pale blue colour. I can't say that I've seen one in Matalan in the 5 years that I have been skirting but if I were to see one now I would certainly buy one ( or more ).
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Tried an Ebay search for Matalan and Papaya came up with some stuff but nothing like what you are looking for.
Asian market has a great deal of these but in Asian sizing - rats - their XXL fits like a UK 16-18.

Presume that you are looking for one of these pleated all around with side or back zip closing if not an elastic waist ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi Denimini,
I saw that red skirt on the bay, but too big and a little knackered. I am a 14 in elasticated, and 16/18 in button and zip.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Gregg1100 wrote:Hi Denimini,
I saw that red skirt on the bay, but too big and a little knackered. I am a 14 in elasticated, and 16/18 in button and zip.
I often create a well crafted search for a specific item which initially brings no results - but I save the search and opt for emails if something that matches is listed - sometimes it takes months before something turns up but I don't miss out.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Anyone tried one of the new knee length Macabi skirts? I am curious to see if they are made of the same noisy fabric or if they are any softer?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Big and Bashful wrote:Anyone tried one of the new knee length Macabi skirts? I am curious to see if they are made of the same noisy fabric or if they are any softer?
Moonshadow posted here about them.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Thanks for that, I had read it, it doesn't answer the question about the fabric though. Looking at the photos again, I think they would be a bit shorter than I like, knee length is about as short as I feel comfortable in and with my skellington that means 22" or longer. I think they only come in 20", must check the website again.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!