5th outing

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

5th outing

Post by Freedomforall »

So today i went to Meiir grocery wearing my jean kilt. I have been there many times wearing this. Yesterday i was grocery shopping there and a gentleman made it a point to come and compliment me. He said it was nice to see someone with fashion taste. He also said seeing me in my kilt made him miss his. Today I was there returning shoes and a lady said I was the third person she had seen in a kilt today. I must be starting a trend. I ordered some Sulus from Eveni Pacific and they are very nice. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 5th outing

Post by Raakone »

Cool! How does your jean kilt feel?

Also, hope those sulus you're ordering work out (are you getting the version with the serrated hem? *curious*)
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

These are just plain sulus, no serrated edge. Jean kilts are very nice. Some of them are softer than others but they are all nice.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Way to go! I'm curious, where did you get the denim kilt?
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Hi Mike I got 2 from the https://scottishkiltshop.com/.

Also, bought from Union Kilts.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Freedomforall wrote:Hi Mike I got 2 from the https://scottishkiltshop.com/.

Also, bought from Union Kilts.
I have thought of shopping from scottishkiltshop. They have a 2 tone kilt that looks interesting. Solid color outside with plaid inner pleats. But right now, too hot for a kilt other than my Mountain Hardwear. Even those are getting a bit warm.

Wondering if you had a good experience buying from them ? Also, did you talk with anyone or just click the boxes and buy online ?
Thanks
RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

Freedomforall wrote:So today i went to Meiir grocery wearing my jean kilt. I have been there many times wearing this. Yesterday i was grocery shopping there and a gentleman made it a point to come and compliment me. He said it was nice to see someone with fashion taste. He also said seeing me in my kilt made him miss his. Today I was there returning shoes and a lady said I was the third person she had seen in a kilt today. I must be starting a trend. I ordered some Sulus from Eveni Pacific and they are very nice. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

nice any photos of your jean kilt ? would love to see how it looks on you
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Well done, Freedomforall! :D I'm a kilt fan myself.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Freedomforall, do you think that it would be good to link Scottish Kilt in the official Links section?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:Freedomforall, do you think that it would be good to link Scottish Kilt Shop in the official Links section?
It's already there, although I have contemplated taking it down because they seem to think they can blindly spam the forum with inane bits containing links.

What it has precipitated, however, is a blanket ban on much of Pakistan on the forum do to the number of attempts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I recently bought three kilts from them. Pakistani inches are a tad short of Imperial, so beware of their sizing......a bit like Ali-Express, but not quite so bad.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !