Pantless in seattle

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
eightofnine

Pantless in seattle

Post by eightofnine »

Im in seattle atm waiting for a taxi , went to a mall bought a denim skirt now wearing it .
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pantless in seattle

Post by Caultron »

eightofnine wrote:Im in seattle atm waiting for a taxi , went to a mall bought a denim skirt now wearing it .
So, you called a taxi, went into the mall, found a skirt your size, put it on, and then caught the taxi?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

I returned to my hotel first tried it on then I went to the Lobby who called a taxi for me . I've just returned I went up the space needle some nice views and went in Chihuly garden which is nice . It was a nice day out nice and sunny defiantly skirt weather.No one spoke to me .Some did stare I just stared back not sure if people noticed or didn't care .Good thing mum won't find out .I would wear them all the time only I'm worried about mum .I'm going on a cruise tomorrow Alaska .
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Are you bringing any pants with you on the cruise? I wouldn't.

I like going on trips with no pants. Just think, my nearest pants 1,000 miles away. Cool.

As to your mum, keep working on that, but be your own person.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

My Mum accepted my skirts without any problem. I was dreading telling her but she just said Good. Your Mum may surprise you and remember that she IS on your side and loves you so you may get an easier ride than you think. Now MOH is completley different. :!:

Take just one pair as you don't know what will occur on your holiday but resolve to wear them only in an emergency. When I go on holiday I only take the pair I travel in, a couple of pairs of swim shorts and wrap skirts.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I just completed a two week vacation (holiday) in Colorado without a pair of pants in site. All I wore was skirts and had a wonderful time. I never take anything that resembles a pair of pants on trips with me.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:My Mum accepted my skirts without any problem. I was dreading telling her but she just said Good. Your Mum may surprise you and remember that she IS on your side and loves you so you may get an easier ride than you think. Now MOH is completley different. :!:
I think my mom and your wife might be kindred spirits, or at least separated at birth... Mama's got NO use for my fashion choices, and she carries on about it almost exactly as your wife does.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

Not long got home I did wear a skirt a few times when the weather was nice but i am still a little nervous as to how others react .One day i did a whale watching and hike i thought it was going to be cold all day so stuck to pants but arrived back at the ship with plenty of time before we left. So went back to my cabin put on my denim skirt and went out for a walk .I walked around the pier took some photos .I didn't want to go far in case the ship left without me .My mum is weird when she first found out i thought she would have been accepting because when it comes to toys she is ok with boys playing with toys that are labeled for girls .Found it hard taking a selfie with my new camera photos in the link

http://imgur.com/a/dMvxC
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Well done, eightofnine.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

eightofnine wrote:Not long got home I did wear a skirt a few times when the weather was nice but i am still a little nervous as to how others react .One day i did a whale watching and hike i thought it was going to be cold all day so stuck to pants but arrived back at the ship with plenty of time before we left. So went back to my cabin put on my denim skirt and went out for a walk .I walked around the pier took some photos .I didn't want to go far in case the ship left without me .My mum is weird when she first found out i thought she would have been accepting because when it comes to toys she is ok with boys playing with toys that are labeled for girls .Found it hard taking a selfie with my new camera photos in the link
http://imgur.com/a/dMvxC
Moms are protective and disapproval of certain choices is a tool they use to protect their kids. They also want to be proud of their kids (or at least not be embarrassed by them) and disapproval is the tool they use for that too. My mom is 93 and she's still using that tool. We just have to learn to live with it, and not take it too seriously.

Two selfie techniques I often forget even after more than 60 years on this particular planet...
  • 1. Take a picture of your reflection in a long mirror, or a reflective store window.
    2. Use the self-timer and set the camera/phone down somewhere.
Daryl...