youtube

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
eightofnine

youtube

Post by eightofnine »

has anyone seen the video 3 guys wore skirts for a week it's quite interesting .One of my favorite coments was from a friend to one of the guys " no one cares your wearing a skirt except you" .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxdyjDcN07E
Wonderful Electric
Distinguished Member

Re: youtube

Post by Wonderful Electric »

This was a great video. I like that nearly all of the comments are encouraging and positive. It makes me optimistic about the future. Especially since YouTube comments are known to be very toxic!
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

That is an old video I first say it about a year ago, if not more, but very good, the only thing that got to me was the one guy was more interested in not showing his male parts which are going to show in such a tight skirt. There are many guys who wear tight pants that show just as much and nobody bothers about it. If you are that worried wear something under the skirt, which you should be anyway with such a short skirt. :)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Wonderful Electric wrote:It makes me optimistic about the future. Especially since YouTube comments are known to be very toxic!
A lot of that comes down to the source video and the channels type of subscribers. Although I did do a little search that might net some feedback against men in skirts, such as "men in skirts abomination" "men in skirts gay", etc etc, and while there were certainly those who disapprove of M.I.S., I must say even in those comment boxes there are quite a few supporters.

Incidentally upon youtubing some "hater" videos, I came across quite a few amateur cell phone videos of people who would record men wearing skirts and dresses in public places... As many cell phones as I've seen pointed in my direction I'm waiting to find one of me on there.

At any rate, even in those comment boxes, there was support, the support to non-support ratio was like three to one!

Examples:

https://youtu.be/6k3jNzpCbdU (cell phone footage)
Kara G
4 years ago
Good for him, I'm all for guys being comfortable in skirts and dresses, they're just material objects, they don't change your gender, they don't change your sexual orientation, a guy can have a wife and still be casual wearing a dress or skirt, hating it is just irrational. I wear skirts on a regular basis, every guy should try a skirt at least once. I love mine. I'm not a fan of his head scarf thing, they don't look good on even women, they just seem outdated.

Eugene Grewing
1 year ago
Don't judge bro.

Mens Fashion Freedom
1 year ago
Why does it matter? Like another said, it's just cloth, it's his body, and why should ANYONE care? Time to quit being judgemental.

bettyboop65340
1 year ago
big deal, who cares what he does,unless you are interested in him.

ozarkmtnlake
4 years ago
That is disturbing...

pantyhose gurl
2 years ago
she definitely needs to work on that look

Dean Sleik
3 years ago
Trannies turning trix in IM??? Not surprised

Jason Asselin
4 years ago
She looks a little better than.. He does.. 

liqualights
4 years ago
So thats where my wife has been going at night lol

UPTHElRS
4 years ago
IMPD

Bud Farkus
4 years ago
WTF..lol
https://youtu.be/U5usjwrUFDw (cell phone footage)
XceptAManBbornAgain NoKingdomOfGod
2 years ago
while I feel that men are just as entitled to skirts as female I personally think men should wear longer skirts. (to the knees or to the ankles

Swag Gamer
1 month ago
Thats not a man thats a women
https://youtu.be/87DrXYwTBjs -- This one is more of a mixed bag. It looks as though it's a more subscribed channel, and thus would have more subscribers that naturally would agree with the channel administrator (similar to how you have "Fox News" people and "CNN" people)...

Even so, with a channel that is clearly critical of men wearing skirts, there are still a fair number of SUPPORTIVE comments in the feed! Perhaps that's why people like me generally don't have a lot of problems out and about. Sure I have negative feedback almost daily, but considering the number of people I pass by (can be in the hundreds if not thousands), to only run into a handful of obnoxious asses per outing, still makes for pretty good odds.

https://youtu.be/vm0-tw80c_E -- Same thing on this video as above. Although there does seem to be a little more support.

You'll note the last two were playing up religious prohibitions for men wearing skirts pretty hard.

Still yet, many of the comments are encouraging....

I think when it comes to public blow back regarding men wearing skirts it comes down to three major issues:
1) They think it's silly and stupid. These type of people are most likely to laugh at you and whip out that camera phone to show all their friends on facebook the freak they saw at the grocery store.
2) They think it degrades what it means to be a man. These type of people might not say anything negative, more likely will just look at your funny. While not a foe, I'd hardly call them a friend as these are the type of people who teach their children to avoid people like us. Women can be like this as well, the women who fall in this category feel it's a man's job to look a certain way for the benefit of women.
3) Religious nuts. My commentary and thoughts on these people is well documented on this site, no further comment is necessary.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ryan seemed very at ease and confident in a skirt.

I personally can't be bothered reading feedback for the same reason I don't listen to talk-back programs. If I have time to read or listen to something, I prefer it to be by an expert in the field.

PS: I consider all on this forum to be experts in the field of wearing skirts.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

A man should not wear a womans clothing, and a woman should not wear a mans clothing.
Should I remove all the trousers from my wife's garment? That is what they say in the Bible. :(
Not in my bible, I'm an atheist, and anyone can wear what he or she thinks best.

:rock:
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The Deut thing has been put to rest yonks ago and debunked. The Bible says nowt else about this topic. So go ahead and wear "women's" clothes - it's all just convention anyway.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Amen Sinned

8)
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:The Deut thing has been put to rest yonks ago and debunked. The Bible says nowt else about this topic. So go ahead and wear "women's" clothes - it's all just convention anyway.
You got that right !
That Bible thing was written eons ago by who knows who at a time when there were not a lot of fashion options for clothing.
The original one size fits all be it a loin cloth robe or tunic - dress code ? What is this dress thing - Shirley you must be skirting away from the answer !

On another note:
Things are warming a bit in the Mid-west so will be pushing that off east. This warm front is interfering with our winter activities.
Someone fooling with global warming dumped our snow in the northeast - now some ski resorts are having to make snow.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !