New Macabi skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Macabi skirt

Post by Grok »

I realize now that I prefer a free stride. And like to spread my legs as I please. The Macabi is useful as summer lounge wear, I will grant that. Oh, well, you try things and figure out what works.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

moonshadow wrote:
Uncle Al wrote:Do they make any exceptions :?:
My best suggestion would be to try the "standard" (original) Macabi in the "short" length. On me, that skirt comes a few inches below my knees.

The red one is the standard length. I don't have any of the "long" length.

This is me wearing the "short" length large size black Macabi.

Nice skirt alright, a small question. Did you switch your, wearing the left shoe on your right foot and VV or is that the effect of the photo? I guess this photo or a similar one will be up also on the people of wallmart website
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Gusto10 wrote:Nice skirt alright, a small question. Did you switch your, wearing the left shoe on your right foot and VV or is that the effect of the photo? I guess this photo or a similar one will be up also on the people of wallmart website
I think the effect is from the camera angle.
I don't think Moon qualifies for Wal-Martians status, he is way too conservative! :rofl: :hide:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Very true Fred. Now if he tucked the back of his skirt into his waist that his undergarment is showing, well then he'd probably meet the criteria to be a WalMartian possibly.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I like the term "Walmartian". I see a few of them have landed in our area.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

hoborob wrote:Very true Fred. Now if he tucked the back of his skirt into his waist that his undergarment is showing, well then he'd probably meet the criteria to be a WalMartian possibly.
He would have had a bad case of the turkey trots showing in his undies to qualify as a Wal-Martian.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hide: :tmi:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote:He would have had a bad case of the turkey trots showing in his undies to qualify as a Wal-Martian.
Where's the beach to throw on/into my brain to rid me of that visual?!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:
Fred in Skirts wrote:He would have had a bad case of the turkey trots showing in his undies to qualify as a Wal-Martian.
Did you mean BLEACH and not the beach??? :lol:

If I can find it I have some Wal-Martians pictures you should see!! :tmi:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
crfriend wrote:
Did you mean BLEACH and not the beach??? :lol:
It looks like auto-corrupt got me. Yes, that needs an "L" in it.
If I can find it I have some Wal-Martians pictures you should see!! :tmi:
Oh, please, NO!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

aerobics in New Macabi skirt

Post by Grok »

Decided to test the new skirt for aerobics. With a brisk walk around the neighborhood; I gave up on jogging when I got arthritis in my knees. (I take aleve and aspirin and I'm good to go). The pockets in the front of the skirt are adequate for keys. Didn't bother with a belt, tied the drawstring while the elastic held the skirt in place. The skirt could be described as a fairly narrow A-line, made of a thin material.

The stride was adequate for a brisk walk. The weather-hot, sunny, with an occasional gust of breeze. The skirts combination of attributes worked well with the weather. The skirt didn't cling to my legs, allowing them to breathe. My legs and crotch were well ventilated, particularly when a gust went up the skirt-but at the same time the narrowness of the skirt kept the material from being blown upward. Which created an unusual combination of sensations, being air conditioned below the waist by the breeze yet also feeling clothed.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: aerobics in New Macabi skirt

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:The stride was adequate for a brisk walk. The weather-hot, sunny, with an occasional gust of breeze. The skirts combination of attributes worked well with the weather. The skirt didn't cling to my legs, allowing them to breathe. My legs and crotch were well ventilated, particularly when a gust went up the skirt-but at the same time the narrowness of the skirt kept the material from being blown upward. Which created an unusual combination of sensations, being air conditioned below the waist by the breeze yet also feeling clothed.
And thusly we learn from experience. I still vividly recall the first time when I caught a nice breeze in such a way -- and it automatically made me fight with the garment, which was (1) the original short skirt that I made for myself and (2) needlessly because the thing doesn't tend to lift on its own -- and immediately thought, and later commented on, "I've been cheated out of this all my life!"

The rest, as they say, is history.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

crfriend wrote: And thusly we learn from experience. I still vividly recall the first time when I caught a nice breeze in such a way -- and it automatically made me fight with the garment, which was (1) the original short skirt that I made for myself and (2) needlessly because the thing doesn't tend to lift on its own -- and immediately thought, and later commented on, "I've been cheated out of this all my life!"
Indeed. In a tactile sense we males have a boring life.

I'm starting to like the Macabi knee length.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:Indeed. In a tactile sense we males have a boring life.

I'm starting to like the Macabi knee length.
Note the feel of the Macabi on the skin. Note also how little zephyrs alter that; how having the sun on one's legs feels; how the thing moves compared to trousers. Contemplate this, then extrapolate out to different lengths of skirts, different fabrics, and different weather. The average bloke is familiar with denim and cotton duck (which is what chinos and khakis -- or whatever they're calling the dratted things this week); the world of fabrics is vastly wider.

It's a wonderful world out there, and the best approach to enjoy it is to be immersed in it.

The Macabi fabric tends to be a bit "hard"; I'd advise a nylon slip under it. It doesn't really "need" one, but with one the thing feels better. This will alter the tactile sense some, so be prepared. Once you're confident in a skirt, and can control it well, move on to the finer fabrics like velvet or satin; then finally make the jump to silk. Silk skirts are like wearing a small piece of what could be considered heaven.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Macabi knee length skirt fabric

Post by Grok »

A tag on the skirt indicated that the skirt is made of supple. Quoting from the web site of TEXTILE TECH ENTERPRISES:

"Supple...offers the feel of cotton, soft smooth touch, and Nylon's high strength and durability. This advanced fiber technology make Supplex flexible, lightweight and 25-36% softer than standard nylon"

The fabric is spelled S, u, p, p, l, e, x. But the computer keeps changing it to "supple".
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I have to wonder about the design trade offs in designing a Unisex skirt. The Macabi has an elasticized waist, drawstring, and belt loops.

I wonder if the elastic was chosen in part to make the skirt flexible enough to accommodate the waists-the shapes-of both genders. The drawstring or the belt loops would then securely fasten the garment in place.