New Macabi skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Macabi skirt

Post by pelmut »

Grok wrote:I wonder if the elastic was chosen in part to make the skirt flexible enough to accommodate the waists-the shapes-of both genders.
Waist shape is determined by sex, genetics, diet and exercise, but not by gender.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:I wonder if the elastic [of the Macabi] was chosen in part to make the skirt flexible enough to accommodate the waists-the shapes-of both genders. The drawstring or the belt loops would then securely fasten the garment in place.
I do not believe so. From what I'm given to understand about the history of the garment is that men were not originally contemplated as customers; guys only picked up on the thing because of its ruggedness and utility. They are great skirts, and very useful for certain things. The huge pockets, one of which zips shut (at least in one design) and which self-drain are great for when things get wet, the drawstring is useful, and the belt loops are useful if one is wearing a belt with stuff slung off of it. However, it's not a skirt I'd go out to dinner in anywhere fancy.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Macabi knee length skirt

Post by Grok »

This product offers some color. (The one I have could be described as a shade of lavender). Contrast this to mens' trousers, which tend to be dull in terms of color. So color is another desirable feature of the Macabi knee length skirt.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Macabi knee length skirt

Post by Grok »

At the front of the skirt are two large pockets-large enough for my hands. The pockets are good for wallet and keys. Under the pocket on the right is a zippered pocket, which is large enough to hold a cell phone.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

How would I rate the Macabi knee length? So far, so good. It does fulfill a particular use that I had in mind (aerobics). :mrgreen:
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

BTW, I believe that the Macabi knee length would fit into a certain category of womens' skirts-"Travel Skirts".
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Would a knee length Macabi work on a push-bike?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Big and Bashful wrote:Would a knee length Macabi work on a push-bike?
I'm not sure. The skirt does tend to restrict stride somewhat.