Leather Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Leather Skirt

Post by photoguy207 »

I have been searching for years for the perfect leather skirt for me and I finally found it on http://www.chadwicks.com

https://www.chadwicks.com/product/genui ... ory=100614

I got the misses 18. Fits perfectly. I usually take a 16 or 18 depending on the type of skirt, this is fitted with a back zip.

Check it out!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Leather Skirt

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Great looking skirt!

I hope it fits you well and you enjoy wearing it.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It is great when you find just what you are looking for, especially at a reasonable price.
I think the skirt looks smart but I think I would have trouble with my stride but I am sure that is just what one has adapted to.
As I am not a vegan, I like real leather as a material - must be a remnant left in my DNA. I don't like Faux, Vegan or PU (polyurethane?)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

denimini wrote:It is great when you find just what you are looking for, especially at a reasonable price.
I think the skirt looks smart but I think I would have trouble with my stride but I am sure that is just what one has adapted to.
As I am not a vegan, I like real leather as a material - must be a remnant left in my DNA. I don't like Faux, Vegan or PU (polyurethane?)
It's actually pretty easy to walk around in, but going up stairs though you have to pull it up a little. (edit.... There is a really big slit at the back of the skirt that is covered. You really have no movement problems. I just walked around taking large strides without any restriction. Much easier than a mini skirt or a pencil skirt with out a slit. I also went up stairs with it, no problem at all)

I love the fit and feel of the material. It's 22" so it covers my knees when I sit.

I wish it had some pockets.... it's my first skirt without.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

photoguy207 wrote:I love the fit and feel of the material. It's 22" so it covers my knees when I sit. I wish it had some pockets.... it's my first skirt without.
So do what a lot of guys are doing get a cross body bag to carry all of the junk we guys carry. That is what I did. In fact I just bought my second one that is a little bigger than the first one. I now carry it even when I have pockets in my skirts.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have a camouflage shoulder bag with velcro pockets that I carry like a male purse. It's way more comfortable than carrying things in my pockets. Several of my skirts and shorts don't have pockets and sitting on a wallet is like sitting on a potato. I have had two idiots asking whether that is my purse. I answered, "yes, it goes with my panties." That ended it both times.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I was very reluctant to start carrying a bag, but when I started wearing skirts with no pockets I didn't have much of a choice.

I considered something that resembled a camera bag ot backpack but ended up with a cross-body "messenger bag" that had a sort of "pony express" look.

That bag, being brown, didn't go with everything so I ended up buying a black bag as well. That one has a more modern look but stil looks a bit like a tablet or laptop case.

But I must say, public reaction to both bags has been zero and now I'm starting to think I should carry a bag all the time.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have noticed in my job an increasing number of men carrying bags; functional and mainly black. Still not common but definitely more frequent. I have a grey cross-body bag but it doesn't really hold a lot so I am on the lookout for a suitable bag, I just haven't found it yet. I quite like the idea of a satchel with the two straps on the outside face but the ones I have seen have either been too expensive or rather cheaply made. Whilst I was in Grammar school we always used a haversack - the canvas backpack originally used by the military as they were cheap and very hard-wearing. We used to paint the flap with an individual design although I just can't remember what mine was.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am not comfortable with carrying a bag I have had one outing with one it was a shoulder bag .Its something else to worry about when you are sitting . I wish the old hip bags that were popular in the70's would come back in style.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My newest shoulder bag resembles a military messenger bag and has velcro pockets and a zipper compartment. I bought it online from American Scientific Surplus. It is perfect for my needs and has the masculine appearance I like. They are on sale for about $10, so I bought another one in case this one wears out or I lose it.

My wife and I are naturists and one of the few drawbacks is not having pockets. This cross body bag is perfect and I can also carry a water bottle and small camera.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I have a camouflage shoulder bag with velcro pockets that I carry like a male purse. It's way more comfortable than carrying things in my pockets. Several of my skirts and shorts don't have pockets and sitting on a wallet is like sitting on a potato. I have had two idiots asking whether that is my purse. I answered, "yes, it goes with my panties." That ended it both times.
Leather panties must be quite uncomfortable though :oops: :lol:
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I have a camouflage shoulder bag with velcro pockets that I carry like a male purse. It's way more comfortable than carrying things in my pockets. Several of my skirts and shorts don't have pockets and sitting on a wallet is like sitting on a potato. I have had two idiots asking whether that is my purse. I answered, "yes, it goes with my panties." That ended it both times.
I have never been hassled for wearing my cross-body bag. It is so nice to carry everything except my keys and handkerchief in the bag. I guess if some dufus asks me if that bag is my purse, I could respond with my bass voice, "yes, it goes with my bra." :lol:
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

I've been carrying a handbag (that's the proper term over here - none of this silly 'manbag' etc., terminology) for as long as I've been wearing skirts - 20 years or more. Never had any hassle or adverse comments whatsoever. I currently have three handbags to carry my stuff in a variety of situations and social settings ranging from formal on-stage concert use in a long black skirt and blouse to nipping down the road in faded jeans and T-shirt to my local corner shop to buy a paper and the odd few groceries. The one I use most of the time is this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brunhide-Genui ... 1031&psd=1

For those of you still desperately clinging on to the idea that it isn't appropriate to use a handbag for fear of damaging their fragile masculinity, I'll let you into a little secret. Guess what? Carrying a handbag does not make your balls drop off.

Edited to correct typo.
Last edited by Stevie D on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Stevie D wrote: For those of you still desperately clinging on to the idea that it isn't appropriate to use a handbag for fear of damaging their fragile masculinity, I'll let you into a little secret. Guess what? Carrying a handbag does not make your balls drop off.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously I like the crossbody bag for it keeps my hands free. I don't worry about my masculinity; I've folded, spindled, and mutilated my man card so I don't care.

John
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

That's a nice, functional looking bag. Nice find. I probably could have saved enough money on less expensive alternatives if I'd seen it much sooner.

I have to second your final sentence. Gentlemen, you're out and about in a skirt, maybe a blouse, heels and hose as well and you're afraid of compromising your masculinity by carrying a purse?? Really??!!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.