Leather Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Leather Skirt

Post by DonaldG »

Nice leather skirt photoguy207 and a good find at that price. I have 2 leather skirts which have pockets, both bought in charity shops many years ago. They’re a bit tired now, but I still get a lot of use out of them.

But like you I also have skirts without pockets, and then I often use either a rucksack slung over one shoulder, or a black fabric-cross body messenger bag, bought as a laptop bag.
skirtwithmessengerbag.jpg
I also have a leather shoulder bag for when I’m not carrying quite as much as I usually do! It can also be used cross-body.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I have been enjoying this discussion....

I was out and about the other night with the leather skirt on and had to stop for gas. Had my keys and credit card in my hand while I pumped the gas. (FYI, no trouble getting out or in a car wearing it, also very comfortable to drive in) Also when I'm at my office I always like to have my cell phone and keys on me, so I started tucking them in the waist band. I wish it had just a little pocket :-)

I find the difference between men's and women's interesting, from the lack of pockets to the buttons and zippers being different. Whenever I'm out with my wife (in pants) I have to carry her lipstick and sometimes her id in my pocket even when she is wearing jeans since her pockets are so small.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

photoguy207 wrote:I have been enjoying this discussion....

I was out and about the other night with the leather skirt on and had to stop for gas. Had my keys and credit card in my hand while I pumped the gas. (FYI, no trouble getting out or in a car wearing it, also very comfortable to drive in) Also when I'm at my office I always like to have my cell phone and keys on me, so I started tucking them in the waist band. I wish it had just a little pocket :-)

I find the difference between men's and women's interesting, from the lack of pockets to the buttons and zippers being different. Whenever I'm out with my wife (in pants) I have to carry her lipstick and sometimes her id in my pocket even when she is wearing jeans since her pockets are so small.
The lack of pockets in women's clothing has been noted...

https://mic.com/articles/133948/the-wei ... .Ykx0eSYda
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A really good article and difficult to disagree with any of it. I find that I LOVE big pockets in skirts but there are certain skirts, whether it's the cut, design or material where big pockets would spoil the line of the skirt and make the bulge where the pocket is unsightly. But then the same thing can happen with trousers as well. So what we need is better design and materials so that the skirt or dress for that matter suits having big pockets.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Every time I try the link all I get is a picture of a woman in a blue skirt and an orange purse and the rest of the page is black. So I can't read the article. :(
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:Every time I try the link all I get is a picture of a woman in a blue skirt and an orange purse and the rest of the page is black. So I can't read the article. :(
I have a feeling that the web page may not like your browser for whatever reason!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

renesm1 wrote:The lack of pockets in women's clothing has been noted...

https://mic.com/articles/133948/the-wei ... .Ykx0eSYda
The mere title of the link sums things up fairly well -- yet another story on how men have subjugated women over the years. {Yawn}
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah well women must at least TOLERATE the garment having small pockets - it's unfortunate that we have had to inherit it all. After all if the garments stayed on the racks then the manufacturers would have to change their designs. I suspect that women have got so used to the small pockets and carrying a handbag that it no longer impinges on the consciousness.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I think that most women just accpet that pockets won't be part of their clothing. Some women do mind.

I found this website that sells skirts and dresses with pockets and science-based patterns.

https://svahausa.com/collections/adults-dresses

One thing though, and this bugs me, it says it wants to break gender stereotypes but where are the male models in skirts and dresses???
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I've just checked the site and it doesn't have the message about there being no comments but then I can't see a way of reading the comments.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

renesm1 wrote:I think that most women just accpet that pockets won't be part of their clothing. Some women do mind.

I found this website that sells skirts and dresses with pockets and science-based patterns.

One thing though, and this bugs me, it says it wants to break gender stereotypes but where are the male models in skirts and dresses???
That bugs me too. The menu has "Adults" when all it really means is women's wear. The gender language is just pop-fem signalling and the actual gender non-stereotypical elements are just decorations. Which is too bad because at $59 I might have ordered the circuit board pattern dress were it cut for my sex.
Daryl...
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Daryl wrote:
renesm1 wrote:I think that most women just accpet that pockets won't be part of their clothing. Some women do mind.

That bugs me too. The menu has "Adults" when all it really means is women's wear. The gender language is just pop-fem signalling and the actual gender non-stereotypical elements are just decorations. Which is too bad because at $59 I might have ordered the circuit board pattern dress were it cut for my sex.
I do think someone should ask for a man's cut, after that's "breaking gender stereotypes"!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

renesm1 wrote:
Daryl wrote:

I do think someone should ask for a man's cut, after that's "breaking gender stereotypes"!
I agree, and since it's an American site I nominate one of the Americans here. :wink:
Daryl...
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Two very comfortable skirts with pockets:

Dickie's skirts: nice fabric, looks good, good pocket, either black or khaki. (online)

I forgot the brand, but I found them on Google: (Uniforms Unlimited) Medical Scrub skirts Very comfortable, elastic waist, nice pockets, assorted colors.

Great shoulder bag at Scientific American Surplus. Velcro pockets, adjustable shoulder strap. Military looking, good price.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Returning to the original topic of a leather skirt, indeed it's nice. The other day I bought a leather skirt made by BMP in Germany, an outfit that sells via the German E-bay. In first instance the sizing was off, it was well taken and replaced. Still the quality is not as one may expect from a German company as the colouring is not holding. Other leather skirts I/we have all have the same "problem": they are great to wear.