New skirt from Amazon

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

New skirt from Amazon

Post by photoguy207 »

Over the weekend I ordered a new skirt from amazon. It came today.

http://a.co/4AHW8Fz

I love it! It's a stretchy material. Looks like camo. The back zipper and button are a nice weight. No pockets though.

Check it out. Only 10 bucks and free shipping with prime.

I also ordered 2 others which haven't come yet.
http://a.co/9SwnvFO
http://a.co/0Bpcofh
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New skirt from Amazon

Post by Sinned »

The first one is fine, the pattern is unusual, the price is in the right area and I would wear that. The second one isn't my thing as I don't like the length, pattern or price. Apart from that it's ok. The third I would wear though I would prefer black or blue. I'm not questioning your taste - there's nothing wrong per se it's just my personal taste. I hope you enjoy them. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I love the third one. Alas.. I don't have the legs or knees to wear a mini. I'm not sure about wearing tights to cover up my leg faults. I have very muscular calf and thigh muscles---comes from being a high level alpine skier :( .
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Mikel:
Have you tried basic black - not so much sheer but opaque ?
Dark colors tend to work best to hide leg faults as opposed to sheer and lights pastels showing more.
Hide those thighs under a skirt of length - calf's think about THIN hosiery or kilt sox to balance it out.

photoguy 207 has the right mix/match with what Amazon is showing - hem line at knee with black hosiery.
A tad longer than I prefer but I do like the stretchy waist with the back zipper to insure a secure fit.
As for colors - everyone has an opinion - whatever you can wear comfortably without being a distraction -
Basic black or navy blue is attractive while NEON PINK is going a bit too far advertising "A Man in a Skirt on a Mission" !

And Amazon has some nice introductory prices !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Here are links to the last three skirts I bought from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQM3B24/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016QOSQWW/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018WO2544/

All are about knee-length with a lot of lycra, which makes them extremely comfortable. With pencil skirts in particular, it seems you can never have too much lycra.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

They all look fine but as I'm not a fan of pencil skirts it would definitely be number one for me, three at a pinch but not two. The prices would put me off though.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:They all look fine but as I'm not a fan of pencil skirts it would definitely be number one for me, three at a pinch but not two. The prices would put me off though.
Yeah, I avoided pencil skirts for a long time too, until I noticed that one of the thrift store skirts I wore fairly often was, in fact , a pencil skirt. I'd never noticed before because the fabric had some good stretch to it. Then I saw some nice things about ponte as a fabric, tried one, and liked it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

3rd one of Photoguys pics for me. Looks classy to me and just my length.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I also thought I wouldn't like pencil skirts, but I bought a old navy skirt about two years ago that turned out to be a pencil skirt. Was a stretchy material and 20" long. I love it!! Plus with the pencil skirt, it isn't flared out. The skirts I go out in are as plain as possible. Having them straight makes them more like shorts looking than a skirt, which I like.

I received the long black and white skirt from amazon I posted and tried it out. The stretch waist is nice, but the skirt is so long because it is high waisted. Interesting to wear, really light material, but requires a lot of fussing over so you don't run it over when sitting in a chair with wheels!! It isn't something I would wear out, but wanted to try one on. I am still waiting for the short skirt to arrive, that's coming from China, it's on its way, and amazon says it will be here in April sometime.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

photoguy207 wrote:I received the long black and white skirt from amazon I posted and tried it out. The stretch waist is nice, but the skirt is so long because it is high waisted. Interesting to wear, really light material, but requires a lot of fussing over so you don't run it over when sitting in a chair with wheels!! It isn't something I would wear out, but wanted to try one on. I am still waiting for the short skirt to arrive, that's coming from China, it's on its way, and amazon says it will be here in April sometime.
Shorten it! Easy to do if you have a sewing machine.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

photoguy207 wrote:I also thought I wouldn't like pencil skirts, but I bought a old navy skirt about two years ago that turned out to be a pencil skirt. Was a stretchy material and 20" long. I love it!! Plus with the pencil skirt, it isn't flared out. The skirts I go out in are as plain as possible. Having them straight makes them more like shorts looking than a skirt, which I like...
Yes, one nice thing about stretchy pencil skirts is that they're very easy to sit in. The lack of flare keeps them from billowing out like an a-line, pleated, or skater skirt, and so you don't have to hold them in back as you sit.

caultron
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

I.m.o. a skirt has to work with your body to form an acceptable picture. Tall & slender would work with pencil skirt, short and round with an a-line. In the end it's a matter of personal taste.
The first three as posted by photoguy are not to my taste, the second group of three do have some interesting items. Eventough I don't care about jeans, the demin pencilskirt is to my liking.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Gusto10 wrote:I.m.o. a skirt has to work with your body to form an acceptable picture.
You've hit the nail on the head there! But...
Tall & slender would work with pencil skirt, short and round with an a-line. In the end it's a matter of personal taste.
I tend to agree, but personal taste tops everything simply because you can "pull anything off" if you are confident about it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:[... P]ersonal taste tops everything simply because you can "pull anything off" if you are confident about it.
There is much truth to the above.

I've worn both very slender skirts and very full ones (the last image in that being an extreme example) -- and both can work well. Physique does play into this, and the type of skirt one chooses allows one to game things a bit. That said, I tend to prefer a bit of flare to my skirts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

These are great skirts, comfy, and priced right!

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/p ... 0000001_-1_
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?