Skirt Superpowers

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Superpowers

Post by Daryl »

pelmut wrote:Back on topic...
A skirt is cool when you are doing something active and moving around, but warm when you stand still.
Wrong. A skirt may be warm while standing still but it is always cool.

rimshot
Daryl...
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

I wear long full skirts for dancing, so they rapidly trap warm air and keep me warm between dances. It is a very welcome attribute when you are dancing in a festival marquee on a cold night
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

pelmut wrote:I wear long full skirts for dancing, so they rapidly trap warm air and keep me warm between dances. It is a very welcome attribute when you are dancing in a festival marquee on a cold night
It always amazes me when women claim skirts and dresses aren't warm. I pressed one to explain it and she eventually concluded that it wasn't temperature per se but that when she could feel the cool air it alarmed her that she might be exposed. Sitting still in an office with a long skirt or dress certainly is warmer than pants, in my experience. I haven't found the combination of a knee-length skirt with over-the-knee socks less warm than pants even outdoors in winter.
Daryl...